ɪɪɪ.

INFIRMARY

"Poor thing

"Poor thing." Jimin looked up to the black-haired girl with cute bangs falling over her eyes and prominent cheekbones, who was taking his blood samples, with confused eyes. 

"It must have been so difficult for you."

"Wha-"

"Leave him alone, nurse Hirai," counselor Heechul said, entering the infirmary. The nurse scowled and hissed at the counselor and rolled her eyes.

"I'm just trying to be friendly, counselor, Kim." She bit back with a snarky tone. "I'm going to take these samples to the lab and get Dr. Lee. Wait here a minute, sweetie." She spoke only directly to Jimin, with a soft smile. 

"And you-" she pointed out with a finger to the counselor, dropping all formalities. "Stop reprimanding me at work; it's disconcerting." She smirked, leaning forward to press a kiss on his lips, which made Jimin widen his eyes, wholeheartedly caught by surprise. 

He almost believed they had some type of quarrel for a hot-minute.

"Ya! You can't kiss me at work." The counselor adverted again, pushing the nurse softly and slowly and leaning back, a pink color tinting his cheeks.

The nurse giggled and walked out, leaving the counselor embarrassed, scratching the back of his neck, and clearing his throat time and time again.

"I'm sorry about that."

"It's fine; I won't tell." Jimin smiled widely, his eyes disappearing behind his puffy eyelids.

"How are you feeling now?" The lightness of the mood soon fell as the gravity of the situation pulled Jimin back down.

"Like, this is all a weird dream that I'm going to wake up from at any moment."

"This is not a dream, and you better start to get used to this." Heechul hadn't said those words in a critical scathing tone, but rather one soft-spoken piece of advice that Jimin knew he had to follow, sooner than later.

"Hello." Another man entered the room, dressed in a white coat and carrying a board in his hands. "You must be Park Jimin-ssi. It's a pleasure to meet you; my name is Lee Donghae, and I'm going to be your doctor for the time being."

"Nice to meet you, Doctor Lee." Jimin greeted him with a small voice. He was on edge, apprehensive of the doctor's conclusion about his condition.