ᴠɪɪ.

"Talk to me," Beomgyu begged his brother, who had his face buried in the pillows since he busted into the bedroom and threw himself on the bed.

Jimin whined, humming and shaking his head, refusing to get out of the position in which he fell, feeling utterly humiliated and overwhelmed. In fact, in the last few days, overwhelm was the main feeling bathing him day and night, and he just wanted to escape, but he knew he couldn't just get up and go.

Now he could understand the meaning of his parent's words when they talked about his condition. He was imprisoned with the duty of providing for the kingdom. The amazing things he was receiving—the delicious food, the fancy clothes, the comfy bed, the bathroom of fairy tales, all that luxury and attention he was getting non-stop—all of it had a price; one so big, he didn't know if he would be able to bear it.

"Jimin-ssi." Heechul's voice sounded hesitant and stern.

Jimin didn't want to move, but he was afraid of the consequences if he didn't. He was not king yet; he had no power, no matter how important they kept saying he was; he was just a tool, a means to an end.

Against his will, Jimin got up and turned to the counselor, who had a frown and the corner of his lips turned down. Soon, this grimace disappeared when Jimin pouted and looked at his hands, feeling guilty for ruining everything.

"I'm sorry." He muttered in an almost silent whisper.

"You don't have to be sorry, Jimin-ssi. It was too much for you, and too soon, I'm the one who should be sorry to you; I didn't control the situation as I should've." Jimin looked up at the counselor, who was now closer, hesitant about whether he should hug the boy.

"They hate me, all of them." Jimin sobbed, burying his face in his hands. Now he was referring to the nation too; he had made a fool out of himself.

"Nobody hates you," Heechul assured, but Jimin shook his head, disbelieving.

"They do; the alphas think I'm some kind of savage, and am I not? I jumped on the one by my side!" The memory of that made him cry even harder, wanting to dig a hole in the ground and disappear. Gyu hugged him tighter, patting his back rhythmically.

"It was something natural."

"It was humiliating!"

"Jimi, stop beating yourself about something that was out of your control," Gyu demanded, hating to see his brother so broken.

"Exactly! I was out of control; what must that alpha think of me now?" Jimin grabbed a pillow and hugged it tightly, hiding his burning face in it.

"Well, since you want to know, why don't you have your first date with him?" Heechul suggested with a cautious tone, afraid to bring that up in such a delicate moment but not having much of a choice.

"Date? What do you mean?" Beomgyu asked, not understanding the concept.