Family Issues.

August 16, 1991

"This shit stinks! I can't take it," Kennedy complained as she tried to stop herself from throwing up. For the past two weeks, she and Beyoncé were subjected to the atrocious smell of dirty pots and pans that needed to be cleaned in the kitchen sink. Dish duty is the worst duty you can have at community service.

"You know why we're on dish duty," Beyoncé shook her head. She hadn't missed a community service day since June, but there were two days when Kennedy went over Nate's crib and overslept. Beyoncé still relies on Kennedy for transportation, so unfortunately, they were both late.

Dr. Gaynes was not happy about it. Hence, this is the reason why they're on dish duty. Just when Beyoncé gets back on his good side... She needed to go ahead and get a car of her own for many reasons —one of them being to ensure that she was never on dish duty again.

"No, Dr. Gaynes is just petty," Kennedy huffed. "We were only a half an hour late," she said. Beyoncé shook her head in response and went back to work. Kennedy got herself together again to continue on.

A few hours later...

"What's the plan for today?" Beyoncé questioned her friend as they walked to the car. The two ladies ended up being the last to leave out of their group. They were both happy to be done for the week, and it so happened that they were also off from work today and tomorrow. They made plans to go to the state carnival tomorrow with the crew, but their evening was open today.

"Wanna go visit the fam?" Kennedy asked. Beyoncé immediately shook her head no. The last time she went over there was about a week ago. Tina was cussing her out for buying her sisters a new doll house. She was acting strange. Beyoncé was so disturbed that she called Aunt Dee Dee later that day to tell her what happened.

"She's getting worse!" Beyoncé sighed as she was referring to Tina.

"I'm sorry, Bey," was all Kennedy could say. She felt terrible for suggesting they go visit. She forgot what happened the last time and how upset it made Beyoncé. "Yeah, let's not go there. What would you rather do?" she questioned.

"Does Nate still have some of that good weed from Oregon?" Beyoncé smirked at Kennedy. Kennedy cheesed wide as she started up the car. They both could use some weed to decompress.

"I'm pretty sure he has plenty. I can call and see if he can bring some more by," Kennedy replied. Beyoncé has been smoking weed more frequently than she's ever done before.
One time, Nate came over with some. Beyoncé and Kennedy have been hooked ever since. She always thought Jordan had the best weed ever. Clearly not!

.........................

"Where the weed at?" Kennedy looked at Nate, confused, as he walked into the apartment.

"Damn baby, it's on the way!" He chuckled before pecking Kennedy's lips. "Mmmm! It smells good in here. Hey Bey!" He hugged her in the kitchen.

"Wassup, Nate!" Beyoncé hugged him back. She and Kennedy went to the store to pick up some groceries. They made a seafood boil with shrimp, crab legs, sausage, potatoes, broccoli, and corn. They've been craving it the whole week. Beyoncé, Kennedy, and Nate ate together as they sat in the living room, kicking back on the sofa.