Interlude.

Beyoncé

December 17, 1990, in Jackson, Mississippi, was the day that changed Beyoncé's life. Shortly after Beyoncé finished her statement with Detective Walters, she was officially arrested at the police station and charged with two misdemeanors: Underage Possession and Consumption of Alcohol and Possession of Marijuana (30g or less)—all first offenses. Her bail was only set at 25 dollars, the amount Tina had in her purse.

Beyoncé was fined 750 dollars for those two misdemeanors and forced to complete 4,500 hours of community service within a specific time frame. With good behavior, only then would the state expunge her record.

It pained Beyoncé that she couldn't attend Chase's funeral. She wanted to see him one last time before he was six feet under. She didn't have the means or permission from her mother. Tina would never agree on that —even if they did have the means.

Sadly, Beyoncé could never properly mourn her friend's loss. For months, she couldn't escape what happened. She was constantly reminded of that day —whether she turned on the television to watch the news or glanced at a newspaper. It was all over Jackson. It was because of these two outlets that she found out about Jordan.

Her only hope was school, but even that was stripped away. Once Jackson State University heard about the incident, they revoked her full-ride scholarship offer. Also, she was withdrawn from the nursing program.

All of this broke Beyoncé down, and she fell into deep depression and PTSD (Post Traumatic Stress Disorder). She would have terrible nightmares where she kept seeing Chase's bloody body in her arms. During the day, her thoughts were constantly haunted by what-ifs. Then, she would be stuck in a state of regret—this crowded Beyoncé's judgment, causing her to make desperate choices.

Sade

Just as Beyoncé's life was changed on that horrific day, the same can be said for her now ex-friend, Sade. She went through the same process as Beyoncé; she gave her statement, was officially arrested, and charged with the same misdemeanors and community service hours.

After that day, Sade's parents, the Morrisons, didn't want their daughter to be involved with any of her peers. Unfortunately, She was forced to quit her job at Dollar Tree. She was never allowed to interact with Beyoncé again. The Morrisons believed that Beyoncé and Jordan were the biggest reasons their daughter was in this circumstance.

That false ideology was so extreme that Sade even believed it. She began to despise Beyoncé. They loved each other like sisters, so this friction was abrupt. Beyoncé never thought that their relationship would deteriorate because of this tragedy. If anything, she felt that their bond would be stronger.

Sade was homeschooled for the rest of her senior year. The hours she used to work at her job were substituted by the community service hours she had to fulfill. That was the only time she went outside. She was a social butterfly, so she struggled immensely to stay in the house because that gave her more time to be left with negative thoughts.

There was no doubt that Sade was in love with Jordan. She missed him so much. She didn't care that he hid his other lifestyle from her. She wished she could be wrapped up in his arms after they made love. As much as she will try in the future, she will never get over him.

The Morrisons wanted a fresh start for their family. After Sade graduated from high school, they sold their townhouse. Within months, they were gone, moving out of the state without notice.