Six

1 week later— July 14, 2020

Harley
My doctor called me and told me to come down to her office for the results so that's where I'm at with my dad for support. Tyreke and I have been talking for a week straight and we're supposed to go on our first date sometime this week but I don't think it's going to happen because of these results.

"Hello Harley," Dr. Wilcox spoke as she walked in her office.

"Hey Dr. Wilcox."

Dr. Wilcox sat down and looked at me.

"The results came back and the growth is malignant."

"What does this means?" 

"You have Osteosarcoma."

"What's that?"

"Osteosarcoma is a bone cancer that forms in the longer bones as far as your legs and arms."

"Okay."

"Even though the growth has been removed you're in stage 3 and in order for us to stop this we're going to have to start chemotherapy or radiation therapy as soon as possible."

I looked at my dad who was already looking at me.

"How soon can we start?"

"I can get you in today if that's what you want to do?"

I wiped a tear.

"Yes."

"Okay now you'll do Chemotherapy for 10 weeks before your surgery then again after your surgery I know this is life changing for you Harley and if you want to think things over you can and I can just postpone you starting chemotherapy."

"No no the sooner I start the sooner we can catch it and get it under the control the better."

"Okay give me a few minutes I'll be right back."

Dr. Wilcox stood up and walked out of her office.

"Whatever you need I'm here for you Harley."

"Thanks dad."

"No problem and if you want you can live with me and my wife or we can see about you getting a live in nurse."

"I don't want to be a burden on you and your wife dad."

"Nonsense you're not a burden on us I missed out on 24 years of your life and I'm not missing anymore."

"Okay."

My dad wiped my tears.

"How about this how about we move in with you temporarily so that way you can be comfortable in your own home."

"You sure?"

"Yes I'm sure."

I nodded Dr. Wilcox walked in me and my dad looked at her.

"Okay Harley you're all set I already sent all of your information over at Northside Hospital they're waiting on you'll fill out some information and they'll get you started."

"Okay."

We shook her hand then we walked out of her office and made our way towards the entrance.  Went from stripping every night to now starting chemo. Everything that I want to do will have to be put on hold until further notice.

Tyreke
Since my mom was busy I had to take my aunt to her chemotherapy session today and Jamari is with Carmen. I saw Harley walk in with a man behind her I furrowed my eyebrows wondering what is she doing here. Me and Harley have been texting non stop for a week straight and I've been planning our first date.