She Was Lily.

Author's POV

On Monday, Karan went to school and oddly enough, he was in a good mood, he again saw Sid standing with a different girl this time. Disha was absent but he knew that she would join school tomorrow. He did not even see Raveena that day, but Lily and Sid joined him at lunch. The day passed by eventually.

Disha returned the next day and Karan was happy to finally sit with her after so long. Now, he did not have to face the torturous English class alone.

"Hi!" Karan exclaimed as soon as he saw Disha.

"K!" Disha greeted him with a big smile on her face.

The classes ended with Karan trying to pay attention and Disha trying to distract him and vice versa.

At lunch, Disha, Karan, Sid and Lily all four of them sat together when Karan spotted Raveena. He wanted the awkwardness between them to end and so went to greet her.

"Hey Raveena!" Karan approached her but she ignored him and went out of the canteen.

Karan felt a bit disappointed but decided to let her be for the time being. He went back to his friends and sat down. Disha placed her hand on his shoulder to reassure him that everything will be alright. He smiled at her and they continued to talk and laugh.

A week went by and Raveena still did not talk to him. He however stopped bothering her whenever they saw each other.

It was Sunday evening and Karan was in his room studying for the upcoming exams. The temperature had risen and so he was not wearing a shirt. He picked up the water bottle from his nightstand only to find it empty. He got up and went to the kitchen to refill his bottle. He saw his Dad sitting in the living room working on his ipad.

"What's that?" his dad shouted and got up.

"What?" Karan replied confused.

"Did you seriously get that?!" his dad pointed towards the tattoo.

'Oh Fuck! How could I forget about this! Shit! I'm dead.' Karan thought.

He didn't reply and tried covering the tattoo with his hand. Hearing his dad's voice, his mother rushed into the room.

"What's this? Did you know about this?" his dad questioned his mom pointing at Karan.

"What is this Karan?" his mom asked shocked to see a tattoo on her son's hand.

Karan didn't reply and stood there looking down unable to meet his mother's eyes.

"Is this how you take care of your son? He gets fucking tattoos all over him? What's next now? Is he doing drugs too?"

"When did you get it Karan? Is it permanent?" She asked Karan hoping for her husband to calm down a bit.

"I got it last weekend." Karan replied in a low voice still not looking at any of them.

"Did you allow him to go out on his own?" His dad questioned his mom.

"Who encouraged you to get this?" his mom asked trying hard to get Karan out of this mess.

"No one."

"Who the fuck will encourage him? See how your son turned out. A piece of junk! Nothing more than that! This is how you pay me back my years of hard work! Rubbish boy!" his dad shouted at the top of his lungs.

"I'm sorry Dad." Karan replied looking down.

"What will your sorry do? Both mother and son are the same! Ungrateful! Get back to your room and don't you dare come out till I ask you to! And you won't give him dinner today. Let him know the value of money! Talks shit about me earning money but doesn't hesitate to spend it on crap like this! Where do your values go at that time ha?"

You Were Always The Oneजहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें