Who Are You?

Author's POV

Disha changed from her uniform and went to her aunt's room.

"Simi's grandmother is very ill; we have to urgently go there and we're leaving tomorrow so you have to stay at home only." Her aunt stated.

"Ok..."

"Don't go to school this week. We'll try to be back soon. If everything is alright we would return on Sunday."

'I don't even want to go to that shitty school. But staying all alone...' Disha thought.

"Okay!" Disha exclaimed and gave her aunt a reassuring smile. She then went to the kitchen to arrange the table for their lunch.

Simi entered the house and her mother called her to tell her the same.

"Mum why can't Dishu join us? Will she be able to stay here alone?" Disha heard Simi saying to her mom.

"I don't want an argument on this. She's 16, she should learn how to be alone." Her aunt replied getting up.

'Even I don't want to go there; her grandmother is probably the most evil woman I've ever met. How will I sleep alone that's the issue....but I'm sure it's still better than being with her grandmother. I don't know why she hates me so much.' Disha sighed.

"I've arranged the table!" Disha exclaimed.

"Coming!" replied her aunt.

While having lunch, Simi was using her phone and her mother was constantly scolding her. Disha didn't talk and ate quickly so she could go to her room.

After she ate, she went straight to her room; picked up her physics textbook and lay down. Simi entered.

"I'm leaving tomorrow morning and here you are completely ignoring my existence. You're busy doing this" Simi said pointing at her book, "Not happening sista! I know you, this whole week all you're gonna do is this only."

"That's not true! "

"Then what? You don't even have a boyfriend!"

"Well your reminder wasn't necessary." Said Disha putting her book aside.

"Let's go have ice cream." Said Simi pulling out cash from her bag.

"Okay!"

--------------------------

'Why did she say that? That's the fucking reason I don't want to bother people. What did I do? I just asked her why she's so quiet. WTF man! Why can't I ever get what's going on in a girl's mind? Fuck this shit.' Karan thought throwing his bag on the bed and kicking his nightstand.

"Come down Karan! Lunch is ready" her mother shouted from downstairs.

Karan threw his shirt and got a notification. It was a text from Raveena.

R: Hey Karan!

He decided to text back after lunch. He went downstairs and saw his dad sitting on the dining table.

'And now I've got to apologise to him. What a wonderful day!' Karan thought walking towards the table.

"I'm sorry dad, I spoke too much yesterday" Karan said. His father didn't even bother to react and started eating. Karan gave his mother an annoyed look and started eating.

As soon as he finished his lunch, he got up and went to his room and replied to Raveena's text.

K: Hi!

R: What's up Karan! Did you talk to her?

K: I tried but she wasn't in a mood to talk.

R: TYPICAL!!!These girls are a mess. They act like they need help and when you genuinely go to help them, they push you away.