A Not So Good Day

Author's POV

The next morning Karan woke up a little late but was not bothered about it much. He got ready, and went downstairs.

"Good morning ma. Did you sleep well?"

"Yes!! Aren't you a little late?"

"yeah, dad isn't home?"

"no, you know he is always working so hard."

"Yeah ofcourse!"

Karan took a sip from the glass of milk his mother poured him and left.

"Take care. Have a nice day Karan!"

"You too ma!"

Karan reached the school and was greeted by Disha near the classroom. He remembered the text she sent him yesterday night and how rude his reply was to her.

"Hi Disha, I'm sorry I was rude yesterday." Said Karan.

"Sure you are..." said Disha sarcastically.

"Well that hurt..." Karan said placing his palm on his chest, faking pain.

"Yeah seriously; how could you forget you gave me your number yesterday?"

"Well..."

"Leave it." Said Disha smiling.

After the first class was over, Sid came near Karan and wrapped his right arm around Karan's shoulder.

"Hey Karan! Everything good?"

"Yeah...."

"You don't seem too enthusiastic...let's go to our spot."

They sat on the grass while the cheerleaders were practising. A girl smiled at Karan and waved. Karan smiled and waved back at her.

"Damn you are getting girls so soon."

"Well I don't care about that."

"You gay or something? You can be true to me." asked Sid.

"No man.."

"Worried about Raveena?"

"Well she told me that we can't date anymore. I don't understand girls man. She told me she needs time."

"Why are you stressed though? If she isn't ready then you shouldn't force her. Come on man, you can get any girl you want. Fucking move on! Why are you sitting here being all sad?"

"I like her."

"Well I like Disha and I can't fucking talk to her without stuttering, atleast you both are friends."

"I don't want to be 'friends' with Raveena."

"Can't you stop whining over a girl?"

"Yeah I'm sorry."

While they were talking, a girl came and hit Sid's head lightly. She had short brown hair with pixie cut. Her smile showed off her perfect teeth, and she had big dark eyes which looked grey from up close. She seemed like a girl anyone can instantly befriend. She had a thin silver nose ring and her nails were painted black.

"Dude! I just smoked. Give me a gum, I have a class after 10 minutes." She said without noticing Karan.

"Here, have it." Sid offered pulling out a chewing gum from his pocket.

"Hey sweetie who are you? Haven't seen you before." said the girl while chewing the gum.

"Hey! I'm Karan, I'm new. "