A Not So Good Day -2

Author's pov

"Hey Sid...It's Karan"

"Yo! Wassup?"

"Can I join you guys? I want one of those....uh..tattoos."

"Woah man! You grew up pretty fast. Lily knows this place, I'll pick you up this Saturday."

"Fine...bye."

"Bye"

Karan disconnected the call and threw his phone on the bed. He went to the washroom to freshen up and changed into comfortable clothes. He picked up his physics book and decided to dive into it. About 2 hours later, there was a knock on his door and his mother entered with a plate full of sliced fruits. Karan saw his mother entering and kept his books aside. She approached his bed and placing the plate on the night stand, sat beside him caressing his left cheek.

"Are you mad at me?" asked his mom softly.

Karan leaned into her touch and replied, "No ma, not at all. I just don't like how dad spoke about you."

"Well he's your dad. Isn't he allowed to get annoyed sometimes?"

"It's not 'sometimes' ma! It's always. Why doesn't he ever come to me and ask how was my day? Why doesn't he ever ask where I'm going whenever I leave? Why doesn't he care if I eat or not? Why doesn't he care about my new school? Whether I am getting into any trouble or I am doing something wrong? Why doesn't he care about you, the person who makes this house a home, the one who is the strongest of us all, the one who is so amazing, the woman who stands by him regardless of how he treats her! Is loving his family too much for him?" Karan's voice turned hoarse as he said this and leaned his head on her shoulder letting his tears fall again.

"Your father is who he is, he might not show us that he cares but he does, trust me, he just doesn't know how to show it. Even he has his demons to fight and no matter what, he will always love you."

His mother caressed his hair as he cried hard hugging her tightly as if his life depended on it. After about what seemed like forever Karan's sobs turned into sniffles as he raised his head from her shoulder and his mother wiped the tear stains off his cheeks and picked up the plate full of fruits to feed him.

There were many different kinds of fruits sliced perfectly, apples, oranges, grapes, and strawberries. He ate all of it from his mom's hands; feeding her a few slices in between.

Disha's POV

(Morning of the same day)

I woke up as Simi kicked me indicating me to snooze the alarm. Groaning, I sat up on the bed and switched the alarm off. My eyes then fell on Simi who was sprawled on the bed beside me taking up more than half the space. Pushing her off the bed to wake her up, I rushed to the washroom to get ready for school. As I returned I noticed she was still in her dreamland on the floor, how could she not wake up after falling face first from the bed?

I shook her violently and she woke up startled. I then pushed her to the washroom before she could understand what was happening and proceeded to put on my uniform.

I entered the kitchen to pack my lunch and noticed my aunt stirring the pot.

"Good morning aunty!" I cheerfully wished her. She looked at me over her shoulder before turning towards the pot again.

"Good morning, breakfast is almost ready, pack your and Simi's lunch. I'll serve in a minute."

I went towards the toaster and started preparing sandwiches. Simi loves my sandwiches and refuses to have anything else in her lunchbox.