Chapter 24

3rd Person POV

"Όντα πάνω και κάτω από τα πόδια μου, σας διατάζω να ανοίξετε την αιώνια φυλακή για την άθλια μάγισσα και τον συνεργό της."

Vanessa's voice boomed out of her body as she chanted this statement over and over again. Her body, seemingly defying gravity, lifted itself slowly off the ground. Below her, the ground was falling away, a chasm opening.

"Όντα πάνω και κάτω από τα πόδια μου, σας διατάζω να ανοίξετε την αιώνια φυλακή για την άθλια μάγισσα και τον συνεργό της."

It stopped opening once Vanessa hesitated. Her voice started to fracture into three different beings. There was her distinct feminine voice. But there were two others who seemed so familiar, yet she's never met them. Chaos let out a chilling roar, trying to gain control of his daughter. It has been quite some time since he has a vessel. But Erebus was fighting as well. While Chaos didn't want to bring harm to his daughter, Erebus didn't care.

"No! I've gotten too far and too close to the end! It's not fair!" the shrill, powerful voice of Erebus shone through the other two.

"Όντα κάτω και πάνω από τα πόδια μου, φέρνουν δικαιοσύνη και ειρήνη σ 'αυτή τη γη."

Vanessa's voice was getting stronger, so the chasm started to grow again. Calypso shuffled backward in fear, trying to keep her body away from the growing hole. The chasm started to have ghostly tendrils whip around, looking for their prisoner.

"Όντα κάτω και πάνω από τα πόδια μου, φέρνουν δικαιοσύνη και ειρήνη σ 'αυτή τη γη."

Devon let out a battle cry, an anguished one at that. "For Damion, for Victoria- for all!" He charged, his arms outstretched. Grabbing onto Calypso tightly, Devon's body hurdled into the hole, deaf to Calypso's screams of abject horror.

Nico's body froze, breaking out of whatever spell that Calypso had on him. He gasped, trying to breath. His chest felt so constricted. What happened? He looked down, his hands warm with fresh blood. Widening his eyes, he looked around his body. But there weren't any wounds on him. Did he manage to land a blow on Calypso in this state?

Vanessa's body turned to him. She said something, but Nico couldn't hear anything. There was so much wind and the cave was collapsing around them. Nico finally noticed the growing chasm. The tendrils that were surrounding him were receding back into the crack in the ground. He looked around, trying to grasp what was happening. None of the others were there. Where's Charlie? And Devon?

There was a screech of pain and Nico looked around desperately, trying to find where the sound was coming from. He looked up and found that it was Vanessa. His eyes widened as he saw her glowing. Small cracks were forming on her skin and a golden light was seeping out. The ground shook as the hole in the ground closed up, taking whatever fell into it with it. Vanessa's body started to drop down to the ground.

He wasn't fast enough and she fell with a thud. A couple of her bones got crushed with the impact, only making her scream louder in pain. Nico rushed to her, worried. He dropped to his knees and tried to pick her up, but her body was burning, almost scalding his hand. He yelped and pulled away, cradling his hand.

"Nico... Please... it hurts...." Vanessa rasped out, curling up, but that only caused more pain. Nico looked at her helplessly. He couldn't even pick her up to help her get out of this place. Vanessa looked up at him, tears welling up in her eyes.

"K...Kill me... Please... dad's telling me that Erebus is trying to... trying to escape," she went to reach out for him, but remembered how he reacted when he tried to pick her up. Vanessa looked at him, pleading silently.

Nico was at a loss. He can't kill her. No, there had to be another way, right? But his thoughts stopped rushing through his mind once he saw Vanessa stop writhing around. He was so scared for the worst and tears welled up in his eyes.

When Vanessa's mouth opened, though, he was surprised to hear a male voice instead of her. "Nico, son of Hades... my daughter will die whether by your hands or Erebus'. I understand that this is a difficult thing to ask of you. But please... give her a painless death. She deserves that much.

He was stunned. He knew that this was what his dream was warning him about. Nico knew that Vanessa would have to die during this quest, but he didn't grasp what that meant until now.

Vanessa was gasping out for air, whimpering in pain. It hurt him, knowing that his first love would be gone so soon. Her pained cry broke him out of his thoughts. He stared down at her, watching as the cracks in her skin grew, glowing brighter.

"I'm so sorry..." Nico whispered as he brandished his sword, tears running down his cheeks.

"Please... do it." 

-------------------------------------------------------------------------

SO SO SO SORRY THAT I HAVEN'T UPDATED THIS BUT THERE'S ONLY ONE MORE CHAPTER AND THE EPILOGUE :O