Chapter 12

3rd Person POV

Victoria was on her bunk, playing with her long, brown hair. She sighed softly. "Why'd she have to be my mom? Why not someone like... like... ugh, anyone else!" She groaned and fell back, her hair sprawling around her body.

Iris. Of all the goddesses, she had to be the daughter of Iris. The goddess of the freaking rainbows.

Why couldn't her mom be someone like Athena? Even though she's not incredibly smart or anything, she could still pass off as a daughter of Athena. Or... or even Demeter! She loves plants and gardening!

Anyone other than Iris would have been appreciated.

Victoria groaned. Once she entered the camp, she and her friend Kayla were claimed by their respective godly parents. Kayla was thrilled and was taken away by her half-siblings- the other Apollo kids. This left Victoria all alone to figure out what the heck was going on.

Eventually, Victoria found the Iris cabin. It wasn't hard to miss really. It was bright with all the colors of the rainbow and more. In all honesty, she liked it- the fact that it was so colorful actually made her feel more at home. Well, what she used to call him. Her dad told her that this new place is going to become her home for a long time. She hasn't seen her dad in such a long time, and it worries her that he and her brothers were hurt- or worse.

Victoria shuddered, remembering the attack on her old home. A couple of these weird looking snake-people came by her house. At first, they were normal ladies. This led her to believe that they were here for business with her dad. He worked a nine to five job, and he hates it.

Suddenly, once these ladies entered her home, one of them screeched, and Victoria heard her say, "Demigod scum!" Confused, and, frankly, scared, Victoria tried to close the door. But the ladies pushed through. Victoria knew that something was wrong the second one of them started to become a green, scaly being.

The poor girl was too scared to move, to even call for her father, who was upstairs. Jack, Victoria's father, heard the screech and knew exactly what was happening. Cursing under his breath, Jack grabbed his hidden gun. He never used it, and he knew that whatever was down there wouldn't be stopped by these bullets. But it would slow them down.

He called for the twins, who already knew their heritage. Mason and Eric, the previously mentioned twins, knew what was happening. This happened the year before Victoria was born. Well, kind of. When they found out that their 4th-grade gym teacher was a gorgon, they had been terrified to accept the truth- that they are demigods. But over time, they were forced to accept it. And now, it's time for Victoria to accept who she is.

-----

Victoria woke up, her head swimming with an odd dream. She was pretty sure that she dreamt that there were three creepy ladies who became scaly. "Wow, okay, no more horror movies for me," she said out loud to particularly no one.

The young girl sat up and looked around. She saw her dad, or at least someone who seems like her dad. "D-Dad?" she asked softly. Jack turned around, smiling softly. "Hey, sweetheart. You okay? You were smashed against the wall pretty bad. Got some glass stuck in your arm, but I took it out and disinfected it."

She looked at both at her arms and let out a squeak. "Oh my god...-" "You mean gods." "What?" Jack chuckled. "You're a demigod hun. Well, maybe more dangerous than the average demigod." Victoria stared at her dad.

"Can you back up a bit. Demigod?" she asked, tilting her head. She suddenly felt dizzy. "Honey?" he asked, concerned. "Everything is spinning..." she said, her voice distant. Jack sighed. "Of course.... I'll explain later."

And explain he did.