Chapter 11

I was completely shocked to see what was connected to the shackles. Well, who was connected to them. It was six people. Two teen girls, three teen boys, and one adult male.

"Who are you guys? And what are you guys doing here?" I asked, my eyes squinting to see them better. I could really use some light right ab-

"Ah! Sorcery! She's just like Calypso!" one of the girls shouted. She had dark red hair, almost like fire. Wait, how could I see? I looked down and saw my hands on fire. On fire!? I made a noise of panic and turned around, shoving my hand into the waterfall. But the damn fire wouldn't go out!

"Hush Kayla. Don't draw attention to yourself. Let my dad handle this," the other girl said, her hair a striking blue color. She's the one to talk about 'not drawing attention to herself. Not only that, but her eyes. They were a shining green color.

"But Victoria... What if she is...?" the girl who's supposedly Kayla said softly. Victoria nudged her ribs. "Shut up. Even if she is, we shouldn't assume anything." I liked Victoria. She's actually calmer than that Kayla girl.

"Dad... what's going on?" asked a boy. I looked to his left and realized that there was a boy who looked identical to him. I think they're twins. The other boy, who was silent, was in the dark, away from the flames in my hand.

"Nothing Damion. You and Devon should get behind me though," the adult said. The twins nodded and shuffled behind their dad.

"I'm Vanessa... This is Nico, and this is Aileen. She's a banshee, and don't worry, she's like a child, basically harmless. Nico and I are basically demigods and-" The twins' dad growled. "Are you sent by Calypso to torture us?" Victoria looked very upset and glared at him. "Dad... let her finish. Maybe she's the demigod from the prophecy," she said excitedly. "Maybe she'll let us escape and we can help her with her quest... We'll finally get-"

"Wait, how do you know about my prophecy?" I asked, confused. I thought only Chiron knew and even then, he said that he's been searching for so long, so there is no way that she can know. "Because Chiron sent me, Charlie and Kayla. Then my twin brothers heard, and even though they're total pansies, they wanted to help. I told them not to, but they did. Dad over there decided that we're incapable of any quest because of how young we are," Victoria said, before she looked down at my hands in awe. "I'm the daughter of Iris. Kayla here is the daughter of Apollo. Charlie is the son of Ares, but he's blessed by Athena. He doesn't seem to like us much, because I haven't heard him talk... Anyway, dad's a son of Nemesis and the twins are also children of Iris. So we have a bit more of godly blood coursing through us.

Victoria sounded so proud of her heritage, and it's a nice change. "So who are your godly parents?" I smiled sheepishly. "I'm the daughter of Chaos, and Nico is the son of Hades," I said quietly, smiling as I looked at the people in front of me. They looked at him and me with wide eyes.

"Then how come you have magic?" Charlie asked, his voice gravelly and low. I bit my lip, looking down. "... I don't know... maybe because my dad is the creator and destroyer of things," I explained, not really sure about it myself.

Everyone nods before exchanging looks. Victoria looked excited and looked at me. "Hey you think you can take these shackles off of us?" she asked, her voice hopeful. I smiled. "Of course... But uh... what would you do after?" She laughed. "Help you of course!" "What!?" Kayla asked. Victoria shushed her and I snickered. "Anyway, for our release we'll help you on your quest. We know the prophecy, and I know I will do everything to help you," Victoria said adamantly, even though her dad was shaking his head no multiple times.

I smiled and walked close, thinking of shackles breaking, and in an instant I heard a snap of metal. It echoed in the cave and I relaxed. "You guys didn't get hurt right?" I asked, opening my eyes. They all slowly shook their heads and I smiled. "Good."

"When did you guys get stuck here?" asked Aileen. Everyone flinched, probably surprised by the voice in their head, which caused me to let out a short laugh. "Don't worry guys. It's just Aileen. That's how she talks."

They all nodded. "We got stuck here in 2000," Damion or Devon said. My mouth opened in shock. "Why, what year is it?" the other twin said, their eyes showing worry and fear. "... I-It's... Its 2016 right now... You've been stuck here for 16 years?" I asked, completely shocked. Kayla paled and suddenly passed out.

That's when panic ensued and chaos exploded in this small cave.