Chapter 19

Y/n's POV

I got up and saw ace and Luffy sleeping deeply. Both of them were in very weird positions, so I laughed at them. I then went out of the room and saw dadan sitting in the kitchen drinking coffee.

"Ma'am, can I have a towel? I want to take a shower" she stared at me for a couple of seconds, and then showed me where the towels are. I grabbed one and left.

After taking a shower, I left and wore my clothes that I'll be wearing on stage. "Hey, if you want, we have a blow dryer since you just washed your hair and it's cold outside," dadan told me, which surprised me. She's really a nice person, despite her looking grumpy. "Thank you so much!" I said in a cheery tone.

I blow-dried my hair, tied it up/ let it down and went to check the time. There were about forty minutes left. Koala then came out of the shower and I told her where the blow dryer is so she use it. After she was done, she took out mascara, blush, and lipstick. I just borrowed the mascara. The boys woke up and took a shower, then we all ate breakfast and went to school.

"Alright, let's practice one last time" sabo said. We practiced it and lucky for us, we did pretty well. We took the instruments to the stage and put them there. The stage curtains were closed. I went from behind them and saw where Ace was, he was where the lighting of the stage is controlled. Mr. shanks was up there with him, telling him when to make the light brighter and when to make it dimmer.

I stared of him for a couple of minutes, admiring how handsome he is, then went back to the room behind the stage. We were waiting till the students showed up, to play in front of them. We weren't the first ones to play; there were people before us who've also prepared some dances, songs or something special for Christmas.

"Alright, is everyone ready?" Luffy asked. I looked at the clock, it was 8:30. We had to stand behind the stage curtains and to wait for our turn. The first group performed a dance, Perona was the only one I recognized. She and Zoro are close friends, even though they fight a lot.

After they were done, it was our turn. My heart was beating fast, but I tried my best to hide it. The stage curtains were closed, and the lights were off. Ace showed up from nowhere.

"So, do you need help with carrying the instruments?" He asked.

" no thanks," all of them said in unison. "

I hope that none of you are nervous." He smirked and looked at me. I looked away, knowing that my facial expression says it all.

Sanji's eyes turned into hearts. "There will be a lot of lovely ladies watching me soI have to do my best~" Zoro glared at him.

"Focus on playing the guitar and not on the girls nosebleed."

Sanji eyes changed immediately from heart-shape to a glare. "Shut up moss head!" they started arguing again.

"Stop it, both of you" Koala stood between them.

"Anything for koala-chan~" Zoro sighed and went to take his guitar, while sabo rolled his eyes.

Ace then left and we quickly put the instruments and stood in our positions. The music started to play and I took a deep breath, hoping that I don't mess up.

The spotlight was on me, which made things worse, but I swallowed it and tried my best to act natural. Before I start, I looked up and met Ace's gaze. He was standing behind the lighting controller, looking right at me. It felt like it was only me and him. The look he gave me made me gain my confidence and do my best on stage.

~

Ace's POV

The music started playing, and y/n looked quite nervous. My eyes were fixed on y/n. She looked quite nervous when I saw her before the dance. Before she started singing, she looked up and met my gaze, so I gave her a reassuring look while hoping that I can go and tell her that she'll do great. She smiled at me and  looked less nervous. She then began singing.