Chapter 15

Still Ace's POV

" Soooooo Ace, want to hang out tomorrow? " Y/n asked

" Sure, but who'll come with us?" I wish it's only me and her

" I asked robin and Franky before we left, and they said yes, but later on I'll ask the others. If you want, you can ask them too. Oh right, I'll ask Law too." Why does she have to include him in everything?? Well, at least better than her and him going alone.

She drank her milkshake and I insisted to pay, even though she said that it's fine if I didn't. Then, she asked her 'friend'  about hanging out tomorrow, and he said yes. I was dying to ask her if she likes him or not, even though she said that he's like her older brother and he said that he only sees her as a sister. But maybe she does like him? God, I'm really an overthinker.

,"y/n? I have a question." She looked at me with her beautiful e/c orbs. I can't imagine her liking someone else.

"Do you like Law?" I asked

Y/n's POV

" Do you like law?" That made me laugh. Law is like a brother to me. The thing is, what made him think that I like law?

After laughing for a couple of minutes, I decided to answer him.

" nope "

" are you lying?" I was confused. Why does he care anyway? It's not like he like me that way or anything.

" no I'm not. I see law as a brother, Nothing more. He've been for me several times, and I'm grateful to him. But I have no romantic feelings toward him. Why do you think that?"

" because you talk to him a lot"

i was confused. I didn't talk to law much because he was busy.

"Do I? But I didn't realize that. He've been there for me when I needed someone to be by my side, and never judged me. I tried to pay him back by also being there for him, but he've done a lot for me. You see him acting alright, but alot of stuff happened to him."

" do mind telling me what happened to him?"

" well, I can't tell you much because it's kinda private, but I can tell you some. So basically, both of his parents died from a disease. I'm not sure what it's called. At that time he was eight. He became an orphan and was adopted a year after, however, the guy who adopted him was alcoholist. One day, the neighbors called the police because they heard sounds of glass getting shattered, so he was arrested.  he was 14. Then, he had to work to get himself food and shelter. But whenever he had time, we met up and talked about everything on our minds. That's what I can say about his past. The rest is a secret. So He was even closer to me than Rosalie, my best friend. Alex hated him though. He's from a rich family, and his judgements made me fight with him. Its not like I'm rich, but not poor either. Rosalie had a crush on him, and to be honest, I had a crush on him at some point in my life. But relationships aren't priorities for him, so he ain't dating anyone. Plus he's 19 and I'll turn 16 soon, so it's not possible."

He looked like he was guilty of something.

" Oh" was all he said

" By the way, I sometimes feel like you don't like him so much, can you tell me why?"

His face turned a light shade of pink and started thinking.

" I-I just don't want to spend my time alone. Sabo is now together with Koala, and Marco has a girlfriend. Thatch will graduate this year and take a course about cooking in another city. Luffy said that he likes Nami, and will ask her out on prom, so I thought that you might hang out with law and forget about me."