Chapter 18

Ace's POV

Sabo and koala were talking about what they will do tomorrow, and what are they gonna do in the Christmas break. I really wish if that was like me and y/n. We are friends, but I want to be more than that, like I want her to be my girlfriend.

I don't envy sabo for being in a relationship, in fact, I'm happy for him. It's just that he had the guts to confess but I don't. But why am I acting that way toward y/n? Me and her are quite close, we talk a lot, we know a lot about each other. It just feel like she doesn't fully trust me, even though I trusted her with everything. I've also confessed to my past crushes without worrying much, so why is it different with y/n?

I then glanced at y/n. She looked like she was sad, so I put my hand on her shoulder.

"Y/n, are you alright? You seem pretty distracted" I didn't want to tell her that she looked sad, because maybe she doesn't want to talk about it.

"Don't worry, I just zoned out" I wasn't convinced, but I didn't want to argue with her.

After fifteen minutes have passed, I was running out of patience. Suddenly, there was a sound of something moving between the bushes. sabo and koala didn't hear it because they were busy talking, but y/n seemed to hear it too. She looked at where the sound came from for a couple of seconds, then started shaking as if she saw a monster.

Right after that, she collapsed on her knees, hugging herself.

" y/n! Are you alright!" All of us shouted, but she didn't answer. She was so traumatized that she couldn't even look at us. I kneeled down to take a look at her face. She looked horrified, with wide eyes and tears falling from them. She looks just like me when I get a flashback about a bad event from my past. Without thinking, I hugged her, hoping that it would get her feel better. She sobbed for about five minutes and passed out.

"What happened?" Koala asked worriedly.

"She got a flashback about something bad after she stared at that bush for a while. It was moving, but I wasn't able to see anything. Maybe y/n saw something that made her get scared." I said, glancing at her.

" but how do you know that this happened to her? And when was there something moving? for now, let's take her to a doctor. Maybe something else happened" sabo then walked to his car. Koala went behind him. But, was it something else? Or was i right? We went to the doctor and he checked if something else happened.

" Its pretty clear that she has been through something bad and she got a flashback. But this time, she most probably saw something that reminded her of the trauma, and her brain's only way to stop all of the emotional pain is to black out. Does your friend have PTSD?" He asked.

" I don't know, but she gets nightmares." I said. She always tried to help me, and when I got a flashback last time and did self harm, she was there to stop and help me. Now I should help her too. She needs my help.Koala looked surprised, but sabo looked down.

"She told me that she has been having nightmares for so long, but she never asked for help, because she didn't want to grab attention." Sabo's look on his face was full of guilt after he said that.

"But why? Why didn't she tell us earlier? I mean, y/n never shows us that she's I get that she sometimes has some mood swings, but we all do, so I never thought of it as something! She's always stood by our side every time Any of us needed help. I should've noticed that earlier and tried to help her out. I'm such a bad friend" koala started crying.

She looked at y/n.

" y/n, I'm sorry that I didn't notice how much pain you're going through. I know that I'm a bad friend-" the doctor cut her off.