Chapter 34

"Alright, can we talk about that thing now?" Ace asked. I nodded my head. We then went to his bedroom. I sat on his bed and he sat beside me.

" I'll tell you, but this needs to stay between us." Ace nodded his head.

"So-" right before I began to talk, Ace interrupted me.

"As far as I remember, corazon is Doflamingo's brother. Am I going crazy or did I actually hear you saying that  law was trying to help him???" I took a deep breath.

"Doflamingo was the guy that adopted law. Corazon was his younger brother and was constantly abused by him. He abused Cora-san and law so much till the point where they had to skip school so that the teachers couldn't see the bruises and cuts."

"So Law knew Doflamingo?! Dang, what a small world."

"Yeah. Well, Cora-san wanted to help law, so he asked him to tell the school counselor. He told her and showed her the scars. She told him that she'll call the cops. When He went back home, he was aggressively punching Cora-san till his face bled and some of his bones were broken. The cops came and saw the shattered glass and the state Cora-san was in, but he was able to run away before they could catch him. They put law in the foster care but he ran away to my city and that's how we became friends." He was silent.

"....What about that letter?" He asked

"Oh, those were some papers he needed to sign. Penguin and shachi asked me to give it to him. I have no idea what they're for." I wasn't lying when I told him that I don't know but he didn't believe me. He then sighed

"God, you scared me. I thought that you were involved in some crazy shit. Especially after I heard that law was helping Doflamingo's brother, I thought that either law's not trustable or you've gone crazy. Sorry" I chuckled

"Heh, it's fine, just immediately ask me and don't jump into conclusions." He smiled

"I want to tell you something but I hope that you don't judge me for it." I was too afraid of telling him about when I got raped because many judge us girls for that. The society we live in is quite crazy.

"You can tell me anything." He said.

"One day, I was out with my friends, and on my way back home, I took a shorter route so that I reach home faster. It was a dark ally. I got raped by a drunk guy there. I hope that you don't judge me for that" I looked away. He had an angry look on his face and then hugged me tightly.

" I'm so sorry." My head was on his chest while he hugged me tightly. It just felt safe to be with him.

" it's okay" he began to stroke my hair.

"I'm thinking, why don't we go somewhere in the summer vacation?" He was trying to change the subject. I looked up at him.

"Sure, where?" He smiled

"You'll choose." I began to think. Honestly, I wanted to travel to many places.

"Maybe Japan? Or Russia! No, the Bahamas. I don't know!" He chuckled while i pouted

"It's okay. We have plenty of time to choose." I nodded my head in agreement.

"By the way, I'm thinking of quitting basketball and start taking music classes." He raised his eyebrows.

"Why?"

"I honestly liked it when we played all I want for Christmas is you, plus I'm interested in playing the guitar." He looked confused.

"But still. What's wrong with basketball?" I giggled

"There's nothing wrong with it. I just want to try something new." He nodded his head understandingly.