Why?

Finishing up the tear jerking scene. Sakura quickly covered her face with her childish hands, but not even half of it was covered.
She can hear her grandmother's soft giggles and feel her hold on her grew tighter.

"Oh~! Aren't you just adorable!! I just wanna eat you up!" Her grandmother just holds her close and rubs their face together while gushing over Sakura. Causing Sakura to whine in embarrassment.

"Grandma no~ I'llth have makeup in my faceth~"
"Hahaha, who said I'm wearing any, the only makeup I have on is lipstick."
'... freaking pretty people...'
Sakura lightly cursed at natural beauties, forgetting that now, she is one too.

"I believe her highness wants to eat some of the snacks, your majesty."
Ariel lightly chuckles while seeing the scene, but noticed that the table was finally filled. He reminded the previous empress and lightly glanced at the maids when he said it.

She understood right away what he meant and got in to a more serious bearing. She sits straight in her chair, but held Sakura so she was now in her lap.

"We will call when needing any assistance. You all may go and finish any other assignments you have."
The maids bow a thank you and quickly exited the area they were in.

The only ones are Ariel and Azrael; Sakura and her grandparents. And maybe a few hidden guards.
'They were the previous rulers of this empire, I bet they would have a few hidden ones.'
She thought of that and looked around, as if she might catch a glimpse or something if she did so.

"What may you be looking for Sakura?" Her grandmother giggles a bit and lightly pats her while seeing her grandchild strange antics.

"Nothing grandma, just wondering ifth there's any strawberry shortcake."
Sakura cutely looks up at her grandmother and smiles at her with the innocent of a child.

While her grandmother hugs and pampers Sakura. Her grandfather grabs a small slice of shortcake and places it in front of her with a small spoon, however, seeing that she was still being smothered by his wife, he lightly takes a scoop of the cake and brings it to Sakura's mouth.

Sakura stares at the piece then at her grandfather, wondering if this man is actually trying to feed her. But seeing how he is just staring back at her, with the spoonful of shortcake still in his hand.

Sakura slowly inches closer to the spoon and opens her mouth, and eats it, while chewing, she can't believe she actually was spoon fed by Hector Eternity! Well now it's back to Serenity, but still!!

'This man here thwarted a coup d'état from his brother, and then single handedly created the strategy of the battle, went on to battle as a general and ran on the frontlines, creating little to no loss to his army and people. It was magical, amazing!! It was one of my most favorite scenes in the flashback scene in the game when the heroine was learning of recent history of the empire.'

Sakura was still in a state of a daze when she looked at this man going for a second spoonful of shortcake, and readying it to feed her again.

'He was one of my favorites, especially when he came back to battle the corruption when it began its rise and created havoc once again. It was such a pity when he died...'

Sakura gazed at her grandfather's eyes and she squinted in pain when she recalled one of her favorite characters death.

"WE WILL NOT FALL!! LET US MOVE ON!!" The low yet majestic sound of his voice rang through the battle ground. He stood straight and burned down the enemy that stood in his way. His men shouted in response, all moving forward to intercept any beast from approaching their leader.