Controlling the flow of energy.

Hearing his advice she squints even more in frustration and focus on the energy.

'Easier said than done! If I cut a source of energy out then another one grows stronger or a new source of energy appears! I can't get rid of this things at all! And it's annoying how I can feel it through my skin and how it flows around me while looking for a way in- wait. I can feel the mana around me even more obviously than before.'

Taking notice of it, she quickly sensed that the feeling of it lessened when she calmed down.

'I see. This is why Uncle Gabriel told me to calm down. When I get overwhelmed then I leave openings that causes it to just flow in while the rest that can't would just move around me. A waste of energy that my body can't collect.'

Calming her mind. She began to think how to stop this flow.

'... why not just form a barrier in my mind, a type over this spheres '

She quickly took to action her thoughts and did a mental barrier around the spheres. The energy that was flowing around it quickly took notice of it and spread around to search, but as if sensing nothing, it dissipated out and return to nature mana with no issue.

'Really!? It worked!'

Not a second she thought that and let her guard down, the barrier she formed cracked. Before it was noticed she quickly fixed it and sighed in relief.

"You did it. Excellent work."

"But it's hard to keep it like this. If I lose focus, then it would repeat that cycle of subconsciously absorbing the mana that seems to flow quite readily to me."

"Haha."

"What's funny?"

"No, nothing really. Just that normally a person would kill to be able to subconsciously collect mana like breathing and wouldn't dare cut the magic energy from entering their body."

"But I have to because I'll be dangerous if I was found out."

"That's true, but in a few months from now we won't have to worry about it and you can display your talent with no issue."

"You don't have to lie to me uncle Gabriel."

"Huh?"

"I know even after my 8th birthday. Even if I was allowed to learn and form my magic, it's still better not to have others learn this strange body constitution of mind where mana willingly flows in me without me trying to collect it."

"... that's true, but that doesn't mean we can't lie if someone notices it."

"Huh?"

It was now her turn to sound confused when he spoke.

"If anyone witnessed your ability to collect mana without trying and confronts you about it. Just tell them this 'oh, I learn how to subconsciously collect mana from my surrounding. It's as easy as breathing like papa said.' And that would cut off any questions."

"Why? Does papa have a problem were mana just surrounds him too?"

"Haha no, it's that even now, while your papa is working, his body and mind was trained to take as much mana it can from its surrounding. So he would be able to collect magic energy as easy as breathing and strengthen his magic abilities till hi limit for the day."

"Is it amazing to be able to do that?"

"Very amazing. Because it is a strain to the body when one focuses on collecting magic energy to strengthen their abilities. So your father who can do such without batting an eyelid is a protege."