3

It's said that 98% of the ocean still stands unexplored. Just the sound of it is capable of sending chills down your spine and make your mind start racing with the various possibilities of what the depths of that scary mysterious deep blue holds. Similarly, we all fail to explore the depths of our own souls. What lies in the darkness down there?

We are scared to acknowledge our deepest desires so we push them down to our unconscious. We build multiple defense mechanisms just to avoid them. Why? Because we fear society and what they'll think of us.

But they have no restraints. They can do what they like. Because they're free.

"What are you reading?" a sudden deep chuckle from behind me caused me to yelp a little and close the book titled 'Paranormal Psychology'. I looked behind me to see that it was just Taehyung. A playful smile tugged at the corner of his lips as he sat down next to me with a thud.

"Oh it's just you! Dang you scared me!" I let out a low chuckle and settled the closed book on my lap. He snickered at me and poked my cheek. "Scaredy cat." he laughed earning an eye roll from me. "Don't blame me. I am literally sitting on pipes with a river flowing down beneath me. What if I had gotten a jump scare and fallen down?" I questioned him with a, shale of my head. Not like I would.

"I would've caught you. Simple." he said with a shrug and smiled at me staring at my eyes.

A slight blush crept on my cheeks and I shook my head looking away down at the water. "No idiot. What if I had fallen down?" I asked him. What are we even talking about?

"I wouldn't have let you!" he remarked exasperatedly.

"How are you so sure?" I asked with a teasing smile and looked back at him.

"I am. Because I can do anything." he emphasized on the word like he was actually speaking the truth.

"Yeah right Superman." I chuckled dangling my legs as he started copying my actions too. What a kid I've got as my new friend.

After that scary night, we had spent hours talking to each other and getting to know each other. All the seven of them had such different personalities, yet they seemed to have so strongly common between them. I tried so hard to pin point what, but I just failed. They had been friends for ten years and according to them, they don't remember exactly how many years. As if they're living for ages.

They actually seemed to treat the blonde haired boy — Namjoon as their leader kind of. He was supposedly the most smart out of them, even though the dark haired, guy — Jimin, always said against it. He was cute and seemed to be everyone's favourite in their friends group. Him and Taehyung were best friends who grew up like brothers. The mint haired boy was Min Yoongi, and I figured that he's the most introverted of the lot. The other black haired guys were Seokjin, Hoseok and Jungkook. I had surprisingly warmed up to them in just one night. It felt like, I belonged with them and my soul was always searching for theirs.

They always used to come visit me after that day. Sometimes at night when my parents were asleep, they used to take me to interesting places earning squeals of joy from me. This place was one of them. The other times I used to bunk school to hang out with them during the day. But they never changed their outfits and always said that they were practicing for their drama. When I had asked, they said, it's about mental patients. Their eyes had a distant memory while saying that I felt a pang of pain in my chest when I heard of it. Maybe it's because of the things I had seen in that house. I did not tell them about it... Yet.

"Tae... You guys really need a change of clothes. I won't talk to you people unless you guys come with different clothes." I said being serious and eyed him. I was tired of always watching them in those nasty rug like patient clothes. How can they practice for play all the time?