Prolouge

"Twinkle twinkle little star,
How I wonder what you are.
Up above the world so high,
Like a diamond in the sky."

We never thought this would become our favourite song.

Sitting in the corner of a dark room with nothing but a white hospital bed and shackles around to hold us from escaping.

Our wrists were bruised from them, red and blue. Our nails were chipped with broken edges and black marks... From scratching the walls and doors so much.

Are we even alive?

Everyone I see, have pitch black lifeless orbs with no light, no hope in them. Their lips chapped and almost crisp. Am I like them too?

It's because of them.

They promised to cure is.

But they lied.

They used us for their experiments. They gave us medicines telling us that it would make us better, but it drove us to the edge of our insanity.

It made us feel powerful, happy, like we were in utopia... But soon after we found ourselves inside our worst nightmares.

What are they doing to us?

"When thr blazing sun is gone,
When there nothing shines upon.
Then you show your little light,
Twinkle twinkle all the night."

Earlier we used to hate the heat... Hate the blazing sun. Now we long to see it just once.

This place is always dark, like night.

And our stars?

We see it everytime when our bodies are trapped to the bed with belts and they use their instruments in us. We shout and cry until we eventually have no voice or strength left. But those stars always flash in front of our eyes. It's painful...

Those balls of fire are not the stars we used to see... They are supported by stands and always start to shine when they perform an experiment on us. Once it's done, those stars are gone.

"He could not see which way to go,
If you did not twinkle so.
Then you show your little light,
Twinkle twinkle all the night."

Will we ever get out of here?

Will anyone help us out of here?

Maybe if the real twinkling stars get to know where we are, they might guide us out of here safely.

How can we contact the little stars?

"Then the traveller in the dark,
Thanks you for your little spark.
He could not see which way to go,
If you did not twinkle so."

We are all the travellers in thr dark...

Waiting for our little star.

Who can light the way to paradise for us.

I wish we find our little star soon. So it would guide us safely and bring back our long forgotten smiles on our faces.

"When thr blazing sun is gone,
When there nothing shines upon.
Then you show your little light,
Twinkle twinkle all the night."

One day, we woke up to see our shackles detached and our bodies free of pain. There was such a bright smile on our faces. The stars listened to our hopes.

We ran out of the unlocked doors and raced outside to see the colourful world. Our bodies felt so lively again.

"Though I know not what you are,
Twinkle Twinkle Little Star."

It felt like euphoria.

The sun was shining brightly and there were flowers blooming all around. It felt like forever since I had seen light.

We laughed and looked up at the sun till our eyes ached of tears. We were so happy running, and dancing around with each other.

And then suddenly it felt like our worlds fell apart...

Our ghostly bodies were being taken out to bury in that bloodied ground which has been tainted by our blood, sweat and tears for years.

Are we... Dead?

A/N

I had no intention of scaring y'all so tried to keep the chapter as un-scary as possible.

Will be coming out soon on 24th July 2020.

I hope you like this story and support it!