1

Explore.

That was my hobby.

I loved to explore new places. Small or big, new or old. I was always the inquisitive type ever since I was small. My ideal type of exploring was some mysterious place with a dark history. Everyone loves dark stuff.

But neither my parents nor my friends got it. The things I grabbed from the different places were nothing but pieces of trash to them. They were snatched away from my little hands only to be thrown away as the little me cried silently to get them back.

But now it's different. I don't tell them all the interesting things I collect and hide it from them. They just think its scrapes but it's more interesting than their dull minds can imagine. It feels like every piece has a memory and a story of its own. It's wonderful.

When my parents told me that we will be moving to the countryside of the town, I was especially happy because I could explore more. Those places are bound to hold much more than the city can ever offer to me.

Their were wider roads and many passages leading to forests, and a lot of hedges and shrubs all around. The skies were mostly clear. When the sun was at peak, the heat could grill you raw and when the moon was alight, the deep inky blue sky used to be filled with a million stars like diamonds.

Stars... They give me hope. They are like our guardian angels watching over us. I loved the night time only because of stars. I loved star gazing.

I never found much interest in school ever. The kids used to either give me weird looks for my "unethical" hobby or so they said and hardly anyone wanted to be my friend. The previous school was still better... Out here they treat me like an outcast. So I bunk school whenever I get the opportunity to.

Today was one of those days when I got that golden opportunity to bunk. My parents had gone to the city for two days since my grandma felt sick and I was left alone at home to do what I want. They did not care much because I was old enough to look after myself. I had taken my school bag and just walked out the door in the scrotching heat debating on my mind whether to really go to school or not. My low attendance could be a problem and if the teacher called my parents I'd be grounded really bad.

I was about to turn the corner for school when someone rolled a can before me. Me being clumsy and lost in thoughts did not get it at first and stepped on it causing myself to fall hard on the ground scraping my knees and elbows as I somehow saved my chin from the impact.

Hoards of laughter erupted from the side and I looked at those students pointing at me and laughing. "Hey weirdo! Did you get hurt?" a guy asked me mockingly.

"Ah of course not! She's happy! She gets to collect that empty can now!" a vicious ear piercing laugh came from the girl next to him.

"Oh right! That weirdo likes to collect trash!" another commented as they all high fived giving me a smug look before strutting in through the gates.

My fingers shakily curled into a fist as I pulled myself up. Tears welled up in my eyes as a sharp sob left my lips. It hurt. As I stand up with the support of the wall, I noticed how red my left knee had become and my elbows felt like they were burning. I winced as I leaned on the wall.

What's the use of going to school?

They'll bully me again.

Call me a 'Weirdo'.

So I ran away. My eyes shut close as I wipe my tears harshly away from my face. My whole body ached from the fall and I just wanted to get away from them. I wasn't seeing where my feet took me. Did I step on some twigs? Did I pass a row of trees? Did I just step on a marshy land? My vision was blurry as I ran through the grasslands to anywhere. Anywhere safe.