17

"We have to do something about Jimin... This can't go on. Y/n, you can go rest on the couch there." Yoongi said deep in thought as he strolled back and forth in the hall.

"I'll dust it off." Seokjin offered taking my hand to guide me to what looked like a faded green couch coating with a thick layer of dust.

"We can't leave her alone." Jungkook proposed looking at me with wary eyes as he let out a deep sigh. "And we can't leave Jimin out there forever either."

"I'll protect her. I'll be with her all the time from now on. Until, all this is over." A deeper voice came from behind me and I turned out to see Taehyung with a stone serious expression. "How much time do we have left?" He asked.

I furrowed my eyebrows at that and looked over at him. "W-What do you mean?" I stuttered, still a little shaken with what had just happened.

Namjoon sighed at that and ran a hand through his hair. "Not much. A couple of days, or maximum three." He told Taehyung and then turned to me. "You have to cremate our bodies by that time or our souls will perish from the Universe permanently. We have been here for too long. If a soul doesn't have a human body in Earth for a long time then their souls will cease to exist." He explained.

A lump formed in my throat and I tried to push down the revolting and upsetting thoughts in my head, about how I did not want them to leave me. "Why can't I do it just now?" I questioned.

"You can't... All seven souls have to be pure and transparent enough, that is, not to have any ill intent regarding you or more precisely taking over your soul for us to be free. But now..." Hoseok trailed off as Yoongi gritted his teeth and finished his sentence. "Because of Jimin we are stuck! Heck, we might just perish! Just because of his greed and selfishness!"

I felt a pang in my chest at that mention again and looked away. Somehow my heart refused to believe such things about him. It was so hard to believe that the cute, caring and gentle Jimin who I knew was capable of something like this. Him and selfish? That just didn't fit perfectly, but again, I knew I had to follow my head. It was a weird feeling when the person I needed the most and was scared of the most was Jimin and only him right now.

"Come on Y/n." Taehyung snapped me out of my thoughts guiding me over to the couch. I gave him a weak smile which he mirrored while we took a seat and the rest wandered off into the kitchen area.

"I think you should get some sleep. You're safe with me now." He spoke softly and stroked my hair. I laid down and he knelt before me. He caressed my hair comfortingly starting to sing a soft song to help me sleep. Before I knew, I was engulfed by sleep.

"My little star,
You've come so far.
From Home in Heavens,
To help me from Ravens.
My precious,
Give me your hand.
For I love you.
You're mine forever,
This oath shan't be broken, never."

"...Taehyung?" I woke up from my sleep feeling my skin getting colder by the minute. Where was everyone?

I sat up to take notice of my surroundings, but there was no one around. It was as cold as ice and my number of articles on me weren't enough to keep me warm.

"Tae?" I called out again, but this time, a little louder. I got up on my feet to look for the boys. I could feel the fear linger in me. I was so alone, it felt like I was in a whole new dimension but in the same place.

"Oh babygirl~ I finally have you alone~" someone purred huskily into my ear making my eyes widen and skin crawl.

"Who—" before I could turn around, his hand lunged forward, to keep me in my position, facing the door as the other hand crept up my neck. It was the same coldness I had felt in the forest.

"Jimin please let me go." My voice was a mere squeak as my eyes watered again. I could feel my heart in my chest literally burning even though my body was so cold. Despite my pleads, he just chuckled and leaned forward without a word, starting to sing a soft haunting melody, a lullaby.

Again the shortness of my breaths returned and the burning of my lungs increased. As if my life was slipping away in front of my own eyes. I could only count the seconds passing by, as my tears almost froze and pricked my pale cheeks.

Only if I could reach that door...

My hand painfully wriggled free from his grasp. I couldn't even feel anything anymore, and somehow I used all my remaining strength that I had left to pull the door open. As soon as I did so, the lullaby tuned out and all I could hear was an ugly cry, strong enough to break me out of my trance so that I could somehow run away.

"Someone help me please! Jungkook-ah! Taehyung!?" I called out for the boys but I couldn't see anyone. "Hoseok??!"

My legs felt so weak in this cold, after running for god knows how long, but I was leaning against a tree now. I can't walk anymore. I couldn't even crawl. "Please... Please save me..." I cried helplessly burying my head in my lap hoping that he wouldn't get to me.

"Y/n?" I looked up teary eyed, to meet with Jimin's confused eyes.

A drew in a sharp breath and coiled further against the tree. "No Jimin. P-Please... Don't k-kill me... P-Please..." I sniffled almost begging him now. The ache in my heart grew stronger when he crouched in front of me and showed me his own tear stricken face.

"You know I would never." He whimpered kneeling down with his head out down low. "How can I when I..." He stopped, as if he was dying to say it but didn't have enough courage to.

My eyebrows knit together, the conflicting thoughts in my head eating me out alive. He was trying to kill me, this is all a pretence. Was what my jead kept chanting but all my heart told me was to hear him out and hug him like he's my home. "When you want?" I said heavily rubbing my red eyes and daring to look at him.

He still didn't meet his eyes with mine but mumbled like a withered leaf. "When I love you so much."

Hearing that one sentence, somehow one thing was as clear as glass to me. Jimin can't be after killing my soul. He just can't. He can never—

That dream about Namjoon and Hoseok trying to kill me. Yoongi being so worked up with all of this that he couldn't think straight. Taehyung and Jungkook worrying more than ever become my security was a big question mark, and Jimin always trying to keep me close to himself.

It all made sense now. I knew who it was...

A/N

Happy New Year everyone! ❤️✨😄