18

Before you start reading I want you to tell me who you think it is hehe xx 😬

Incoherent words kept echoing in my ears the more I sat still widely staring at Jimin's fearful eyes. "—Please Y/n!" and I jolted awake.

"Oh my god! Thank goodness you're awake! What happened!?" Taehyung talked in a voice filled with alarm, his worried gaze scrutinizing me.

"Y/n say something! You were sleeping but then you suddenly started growing pale like you were dying and then became totally rigid and still!" Seokjin gushed out holding my head in his arms and cradling me a bit.

"Did Jimin try to do something again??" Hoseok asked in panic.

"But... How could he? Its not possible..." Jungkook's soft voice trailed off suddenly catching everyone's attention in the darkened room.

"What do you mean?" Yoongi asked furrowing his eyebrows.

"Yes! He could use his telepathic powers—" Taehyung started but was cut off by Jungkook's cold and hard voice. "He couldn't. I sealed it."

Pin drop silence. No one dared to speak. Everyone's eyes wavered into each other's direction full of doubt. Jungkook took that silence as his cue to continue. "More specifically, he asked me to seal it."

"Why?" Yoongi's question echoed in the empty hall.

"When me and Namjoon took him out, he begged us to believe him. Namjoon hyung had turned a deaf ear to him but I couldn't... Jimin has always been the most caring out of all us, how could I? So I gave him a chance and to find out who it actually was, he asked me to seal his direct telepathy through which he could reach Y/n and harm her to make everyone believe. The day is getting closer so we knew that person will again make a move to succeed after she goes to sleep..."

"And you all made it easier." I completed catching their attention to me now, especially Taehyung. "Why are you acting so surprised Tae? You're a good actor..." I looked at him pointedly. A part of me was heartbroken, and another part just outright angry.

"What...? What do you mean?" He laughed a little awkwardly, getting up to sit beside me on the couch but I moved away. "It's not true! Y/n... Guys! I'll never do that! Why... Why would I—"

"If not you then who Tae!" I screamed, tears threatening to fall from my eyes.

"You were with her the entire time while we were in the kitchen. It was only possible for Jimin and you to get in her dreams and kill her!" Jungkook hissed coming beside me protectively.

"But... But..." Taehyun stuttered out looking around at his friends and biting hid lip. "Okay. What proof do you have?" He blurted out instead.

"Oh we don't need proof Taehyung. To perfectly communicate through telepathy and do something as extreme as try to kill someone's soul, you need extreme concentration and the need to be alone. We all were with each other and Jimin had sealed his own. Whose left them huh?" Yoongi stood up.

"That song... That was some kind of spell wasn't it?" I spoke out gasping a bit.

Jungkook's eyes widened and he looked over at Taehyung.

"My little star you've come so far..." I trailed off faintly remembering what it said and before I could comprehend anything Jungkook was on Taehyung throwing punches at him. "How dare you! What are you!?" He kept on screaming.

Hoseok stepped in and held his arms pulling him away. "Jungkook-ah stop!" He tried.

"Stop!? He was doing the ritual! If not for her waking up, then we would have perished by now!" Jungkook had by now started crying, his entire body shivering due to it. He was in pain, a pain caused physically due to the fear of seizing to exist and the heartache that his one of his best friends would backstab him like that. No one was expecting Taehyung...

Suddenly Jin turned to me with a questioning look and asked. "But how did you break free from the spell? Its not possible unless there's an interruption in the ritual...?"

Before I could answer, Jimin's voice boomed from the front door. "I was the interuption."

Namjoon was beside him, probably the one who had let him in while the commotion going on.

"But Jungkook..." Yoongi said and even I was curious for two seconds until Jimin spoke again. "Yes. He sealed my telepathy. That was my..." He lowered his head fiddling a little with his fingers and I suddenly remembered what he had said to me as a rush of red heated up my cheeks. "My heart. The purest part of my heart, that slipped through the gates of his spell to reach her." He spoke.

Hoseok gasped, slapping a hand over his mouth. "Oh my god you did that?? But you could've failed Jimin-ah!"

To this, Jimin could only smile softly and shrug. "I just knew I could do it. I asked Kook not to warn any of you so the real culprit wouldn't get alarmed..." And this sentence moved the clouds of lightheartedness which had filled the room for a few seconds and the awkward glances turned to Taehyung again.

He was sitting. Motionless. His head hung down, towards his lap and not even a word coming from him. A gloomy aura around him made me squirm in my seat and as I was about to get up, his hand held my wrist stopping me.

All the guys stepped a little forward to separate his hand from mine but then he looked up. His eyes pitch black, hiding all his emotions. His chapped lips moved before speaking and then his ghost of a deep voice spoke out.

"Wouldn't you ask me my reason of doing what I did?"

A/N

Don't hate me for making Tae the villain! I had to okay? :')

Btw, now tell me who were expecting it to be Taehyung all along? 👀