21

ONE of you had to make it difficult for me to choose the type of ending...... But I myself am a sucker for happy ending cuz life is sad anyway *sigh* why shall I make my stories sad too? But I'm not giving any hints 👀

But again, I can't even let any one of my readers down—

So I've decided that I'll make a different type of ending which would satisfy all of you.

PS : Its not an alternative ending story because it sucks the fun out of it ;)
Lemme see if my generous author brain can struck up some magic, bibidi babidi boo~~ (◔‿◔✿)

✧✧✧

"Jimin... I love you." I confessed in his neck holding him tighter once we were in the other area of the woods a little away from the others.

I moved to look at him and that is when I saw his eyes laden with tears.

His eyes were blood shot red as Jimin stared into my eyes. His pink lips turned a deeper shade as if he was holding out a dam of emotions within himself. As he tried so hard to not let his tears escape, his grip tightened on me. He didn't even bother to put me down as he wordlessly hugged me again.

"Don't say that Y/n... Please don't..." He whispered in my ear. Still keeping his hold securely around me, he sat on the ground cross legged with me on his lap and our faces buried in the other's necks.

"But I do. I love you..." I whimpered against his skin, partially scared that he may lash at me like he did back there. I couldn't hold back my feelings anymore. I had to voice it out. It felt too heavy too carry alone. If that makes me selfish... So be it.

I felt something wet against my neck, realising that he was finally letting his tears flow freely. "You can't say that... You can't love me." He said softly. "I can't love you." And this time it felt like he was trying to convince himself of something.

A sudden tug tightened in my heart when I heard him say that. He had feelings for me too...

"Why not?" I asked, even though I feared that I already knew the answer to that question.

Jimin sighed shakily, his warm breath tickling the wet patch on the skin of my neck. "Because I'm not a living being for starters." He chuckled weakly and quickly sucked up a breath, his warm tears running out again.

I closed my eyes and inhaled his scent, maybe for the last time. It was a soft smell of peaches, like the first breath of spring and bridal wreath. So ironic for someone who is dead. "Maybe you still have life inside you. Or else how can you have a scent?" I humourlessly chuckled back. I wanted him to stay.

"Y/n... Spirits have scent. Evil spirits have a rotten smell, and good spirits have good smells." Jimin said, now leaning his forehead on my shoulder and tracing small circles on my back.

"Then you're my angel." I said out loud and firmly, parting away to face him. He looked at me without uttering a word, still confused as to why I said that. I cupped his cheeks and smiled softly even though my eyes were nothing but deep pools of sadness. "Jimin-ssi. Your face, your hair, your voice, your eyes, your smell, your heart, and your entire being, is like a breath of fresh air. You made me feel alive, more than my own life ever did. You gave me the butterflies, that not even the real living butterflies could give me. You gave me a newfound feeling, righ here, in my heart," I paused as I guided his right hand against my chest, where my heart was beating. "Which, let alone a human, but no living being could give me... So that makes you nothing less than an angel." I spoke truthfully, a tear slipping down my eye.

"Y/n," Jimin sounded so broke when he took my name, I just wanted to hug him and protect him in my embrace forever.

"I love you Jimin." I said it again, as my bottom lip quivered and so did my hands. As if every part of my body and every inch of my skin was crying with me.

He cupped my hands with his, preventing them from shivering more and leaned his forehead on mine. "You'll never see me again Y/n." He whispered against my lips.

We were so close yet so apart. "Is that a challenge?" I smirked weakly at the man in front of me earning a broken smile from him as well.

"Yes..."

"Good," I paused and gulped before taking a gulp and continued. "'Cause I love challenges."

And with that being said, we leaned in to each other, closing the little gap between us. Our lips met and it felt like home. My eyes were closed but I could see an entire beautiful galaxy float in front of me, as I kissed him. Our bodies, pressed against each other, wanting to get the most of each other's touch. As our lips moved in synchronisation, it felt like the stars were aligning for us star crossed lovers and I didn't care if I ran out of breath, because I knew, this was going to be our first and last kiss. Maybe not in this life Jimin, but I'll kiss you again... When we meet on the other side.

A/N

The End!!!!!

Hahaha just kidding. You really thought I'll just end it like that? Nah, I'm better than that. A couple more chapters ahead.

Btw, did you like this chapter? :>

Give me your feedbacks (◕ᴗ◕✿)