20

"I can't do this."

The boys looked at me with a look which were a mix of pity and confusion. Jimin stayed back all the time as Yoongi, Namjoon and Jin had taken the initiative to take me to the place and ask me to dig it up.

"You have to Y/n. You have to if you really care for us." Jungkook said with a very soft voice and intertwined his fingers.

"And time is running out. You just saw what happened with Taehyung. Our spirits can't roam around freely, the more it does, the more driven by negetive forces it will get." Hoseok exclaimed giving me a pat full of sympathy on my shoulder.

I looked over at where Taehyung was standing and he had a guilty look on his face. His eyes wavered off to the ground and a shaky sigh left his lips. "I can't take the risk to hurt you again. Jimin hyung saved you once, there might not be a second time." He said to me while we made eye contact.

"But... You guys... How can I just-" I struggled to find the right words. I couldn't just let them go like this. Especially with my own two hands, it was too hard for me.

Someone gently grabbed my arm and spoke up "Please. If you care enough, then you will let us go." It was Jimin. This was the first time he spoke ever since Namjoon let us know about their discovery. His voice felt different. Sounded like a block of ice. The look in his eyes were unreadable. Like he had turned himself into stone in this while.

"But Jimin-"

"Please..."

It made me feel a weird tug on my heart. It wasn't in a good way. The way where I knew, I was going to lose a part of my own heart. Forever.

"But then I'll never be able to see you all. Ever. You guys can't just come to me for your own selfish motives and then actually make me care for you and then just ask me to let y'all go!" By now I was bursting into tears. I choked on my words and sniffled a bit, my bottom lip trembling.

And then, something happened, which probably no one was expecting at all to happen. Jimin yelled, actually yelled at me for the first time ever.

"Y/N STOP BEING SO SELFISH YOURSELF!"

His eyes looked like they were burning in fire, charcoal black, and his voice as deep as the depths of ocean. This wasn't him. Perhaps I wasn't the only one who he scared though. A soft gasp left from Jungkook's lips beside me, and his eyes widened. "Hyung..."

"Shup up Jungkook!" He pointed. "We need to do this. We have to go, but she doesn't seem to get it!" He sneered looking at me. Making me feel so stupid and so small.

And me? I could only helplessly cry more and I hated myself for that. I was shocked by his reaction and I felt my heart crumble into pieces in front of my own eyes.

"Jimin that's enough." Yoongi whispered eyeing to him as their eyes met.

"But-"

"Jimin-ah, come on. Come with me." Hoseok quickly intervened and wrapped his arm around his shoulder dragging him away from all of us.

Taehyung was the first one to break a heavy silence mixed with my sobs after they left. "He didn't mean it Y/n... He's probably hurting just as much as you..."

I sniffled and hastily wiped away my tears shaking my head. "I-I... I'ts okay... I get it." I nodded and started looking anywhere but at them. "Fine." My voice came out as a mere squeak. "I'll do it. I will." I said after taking a deep breath.

They looked at me intensely unable to say anything else. I took that as an opportunity to grab the spade and start digging up without another word. They were standing behind me in a semi circle as I digged deeper while attempting to hold back my tears.

It wasn't until five to ten minutes when I felt something clank with the spade. A sudden rush clenched my heart at that as I took a hard gulp in. Jin comfortingly squeezed my shoulder ushering me to carry on.

"Y/n. You have to do this. For us..." Namjoon sighed out from my other side.

I closed my hands, rubbing my hands together. They felt so clammy against each other. I took a couple of deep breaths before continuing.

It didn't take more than a minute until the first skeleton came into full view. It had turned a dark brownish shade, with a faint damp yet decomposed smell.

"Hoseok..." Jungkook managed to squeak out softly. In a few more while, almost all of the identical skeletons were dug out and the last one... "Jimin
..."

The moment Jungkook said that, I lost it. The sight in front of me was terrible. I was seeing my seven best friends' skeletons in front of my very own eyes. I was seeing my love's skeleton....

I fell back, landing on my back, crying out a wail and covering my face with my hands. "No! No! No!" I kept on chanting. I couldn't bring myself to accept it. They were dead. For real... I knew it, but seeing this was different. I couldn't. It was too hard. I cried and wailed on my the ground, crawling far behind against the bark of the banyan tree, the spade long forgotten. I kept on vigorously shaking my head, unable to accept it.

"Y/n..." Namjoon hugged me comfortingly, but nothing could comfort me at this point. I just dug up my friends' skeletons.

"No! No!" Its like I had forgotten how to speak. Speech was long forgotten by me, and all I could yell and cry out was "No!".

"Y/n... Shh, please, calm down..." Jungkook came this time trying to calm me by rubbing my back but it all seemed useless. I was crying and shivering hystericaly as I refused to look up and coiled against the tree.

All of a sudden, they stopped. I hadn't looked up yet, but then I felt someone hug me. I didn't have to see him to recognise who it was. I just wrapped my arms around his neck, crying out my denials. "I know..." Was all he whispered as he picked me up bridal style and walked somewhere.

"Jimin... I love you." I confessed in his neck holding him tighter once we were in the other area of the woods a little away from the others.

I moved to look at him and that is when I saw his eyes laden with tears.

A/N

Do you guys want a happy ending or a sad one?