Chapter 35

"It's nice to meet you too Mrs. Min." Yewon said with a little bow showing a sweet smile despite her hands shaking under the table. It makes me laugh at how nervous she is. I mean, what is so scary about my Mom? She can look mean and like she might pounce on you any minute, she also has this dark aura around her when she's around people she doesn't know but it's totally not scary!

I glanced at Mom who was still looking intently at Yewon but she wasn't smiling this time. She was just staring at her and because of it, Yewon squeezed my hand tighter. Has she sensed that we are a fake already?

"Well it's good to meet my son's first girlfriend!" My eyes widened when Mom's face suddenly lit up and I heard Yewon suppress a laugh beside me. "Mom!" I whisper yelled feeling embarrassment rise up inside me.

"You never had a girlfriend?" Yewon asked trying to hold in her laughter while I shake my head in the humiliation surrounding me right now.

"Look, I had plenty of girlfriends—"

"Oh please, your flings wouldn't even last 1 second staring at my eyes. So no, they don't count!" Mom rolled her eyes making Yewon giggle. I looked down, my hair covering the small smile that crept up to my face. For a second, Yewon forgot about the intimidation and nervousness. She's actually being comfortable. I don't know why but seeing her laugh with my Mom makes me feel all warm inside.

"That's true. They don't last a second." I said followed by a chuckle. I then turned towards Yewon. "How about you? I bet you haven't even had a boyfriend. Well before me." I said, slowly adding the last phrase.

"Actually, I did have one in fact." She said calmly with a smile. I frowned as she looked back to my Mom and they started having a conversation. A casual one.

She once had a boyfriend? Who might that be? I never knew that she had a past relationship. Well maybe it's because she's a transferee and I never asked or I'm just not interested at all. Yeah, that's right! I'm just not interested at all.

The dinner went on like for about an hour. My Mom teased me and humiliated me in front of Yewon, Yewon just giggling at listening attentively while answering some of Mom's questions and I wanting to disappear after all the embarrassment Mom just said. But it was actually nice seeing my Mom and Yewon get along so well.

After a few more minutes of talking, Yewon finally asked if she could go since it was already pretty late. It was already 7:45 in the evening and we just made up an excuse that her Father wanted her to be home by 8. Mom agreed and bid her farewell to Yewon before I walked her out of the house.

"There. That wasn't so bad was it?" I said and Yewon nodded still smiling. The other maids bowed at us as we passed by and Yewon, being her, bowed back still wearing that smile. "She was actually kinder than I expected." Yewon answered.

"Was it true?" I suddenly stopped walking and turned around to face her. Her face was a little close but I pretended that I was not bothered. I am, I really am! My heart is pounding already but I try not to show it.

"W-what is?" She stuttered, her cheeks starting to tint pink. She's blushing. I wish I was the only one who had this effect on her.

"That you have an ex?" I asked and she slowly stepped back before clearing her throat. "Yes, that's true but I don't want to talk about it." She said her face turning blank and walked ahead of me. We were about to step out of the house when Mom's voice echoed from upstairs.

"Wait!" She said then hurried down towards us. Mom was smiling and is holding a small box, she looked at Yewon and handed the small box. Yewon looked at it wide eyed and shake her head rejecting the box.

"It's a gift for my son's girlfriend. Just take it please?" Mom said taking Yewon's hand and putting the box on her palms. Well she has no choice but to accept it now. Yewon slowly opened the box revealing a small ring that had a hole in the center, seems like a diamond would fit there but there wasn't any. It was just empty. Despite the hole, the ring was silver and simple with a few carved swirls beside the hole.

"This is a bit too much. I can't —"

"Hush! Son, there will be a family gathering the day after tomorrow. I want you to bring Umji again and please wear that, I'm asking that as a favor." Mom said and Yewon blinked confused looking at me. "The d-day after tomorrow?" She asked as if making sure in which Mom nodded.

"That's all. I hope you get home safe and I'm excited to see you again Darling! You're the perfect Queen for my son!" Mom bid farewell again, kissing Yewon's cheeks. Well not really kiss, it's more of a cheek to cheek kiss. She then looked at me sharply. "Bring her home safely! Au revoir!"

After waiting for Mom to completely walk away, Yewon quickly faced me and hit my arm. "I thought you said one day!" She whisper yelled angrily.

"I thought so too!" I defended rubbing my arm. For a small woman, she hits quite hard! Ouch!

Space: Above And Underजहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें