Chapter 25

Another night, another suffering. After the attack with Eunha a few days ago, she still hasn't woken up and we're desperately needing for answers. I asked V what happened multiple times but he keeps saying that he didn't know and saw her there unconscious and no one near. Today, another high pitched scream was heard and the daughter of Hermes was found unconscious. V had brought her to Yuju's place and now I'm all alone on the moon again. I need to focus and keep a keen eye on everything! Yewon, focus! The safety of the night is on you remember?

"Aish!" I ruffled my hair in annoyance. I have been staring at everything for a full two hours. There is nothing here yet how did Eunha and Rhea end up unconscious, what did happen? Was it the same thing that attacked Kai? Is it really Darkness?

My head snapped at loud sound of trees rustling in the forest. I squinted my eyes and noticed that only a group of trees were shaking. What the hell is that? I quickly jumped down and ran to the spot in the forest. A pond where a small waterfall was there but nothing too peculiar. It was blue and crystal clear, the moon light made it more beautiful! It's so pretty and so hypnotizing! I need to at least touch that pretty waterfall so I walked towards it. So sparkly! Before my foot could touch the waters someone grabbed my hand and pulled me away. I snapped out of my trance and frowned at the person who rudely pulled me. I was just gonna touch the water, what's his problem?

"Yah! What is your—" I turned around and saw someone, I really didn't expect to see. Min Yoongi, why are you still up st this hour? Unlike in school, his eyes are a deep ocean blue and he was wearing a dark blue loose pants and a thin cream top. He was barefoot and a golden spear was tied to his back with green seaweeds? Don't tell me—

"You're that demigod." He whispered staring at me in disbelief. What does he mean by you're that? I'm that what demigod? Does he know me prior to this? Did he recognize me even before? "Of all people why did it have to be you?" He nearly yelled making me jump. So he didn't recognize me but what in the moons is he talking about? "Also what are you doing here? Shouldn't you be sitting on your moon? Why are you so reckless that you even almost stepped on a trap?"

"What do you mean?" I asked him with a frown. A trap? I don't see a trap anywhere here! There's only trees and this beautiful pond. He rolled his eyes at me and pointed at the pond. "You don't want to be mermaid food don't you?" He said, I tilted my head in confusion. He shake his head and started walking towards the pond. With a snap of his fingers, a loud shriek echoed from the pond and scaled, green creatures rose to the surface. A mermaid! Could they be responsible for all those deaths? Is it mermaids and not darkness? I hope it is.