Chapter 11- Esme's letter

Bella POV

"Hang on, Alice before you see Bella, I want to ask you a few questions..." Charlie started.

"Dad" I protested.

"Yeah, no problem, Charlie."

"Okay, dad I'm just going to go to my room, okay?" I asked.

"Sure honey. that's fine..."

I walked over to the sink, washing my plate and then headed upstairs to my bedroom. Flicking the light on, I walked over to my seat by the window. I picked up the letter on the ground besides me, took a deep breath and opened it. Pulling out the letter from the envelope, I began to read:

Dear my dear, beautiful daughter, Bella,

I'm so sorry. I really am. I wish I could say goodbye in person, but there's no time because Carlisle and Edward want to leave immediately to go to the denalis.

I honestly never knew about any of this, you know that if I had, I would have done something about it.

It kills me to leave you, Bella, you have and always will be my daughter. I would never leave a child of mine behind but I have no choice.

You must get on with your life, forget about Edward- he's not worth your time- I love all of my children to pieces, but honestly Edward has become very selfish and inconsiderate- you deserve so much better. It may interest you to know that Carlisle has changed as well- he has not reacted as I thought he would. It seems he is less caring than I thought he was.

Edward leaving you has broken our entire family apart, even Rosalie is upset. Jasper feels guilty. And Alice and Emmett and I are just absolutely devastated and furious. We are all heading off on our own in groups. Carlisle, Edward and I are going to Alaska, Rosalie and Emmett are also going elsewhere and here comes the good news- Alice and Jasper, my dear, are staying with you! In Forks! For you!

I am honestly so sorry. I know it is going to be hard for you to get over this, really hard- as it will be for all of us- but please do not come after us- or more specifically Edward- it would be a waste because Bella, I am sorry, but I think that he really does love Tanya.

I know that you might never want to speak to me again, after all that I have put you through, but just in case you  do, my email and phone adress are on the back. I just want you to know, Bella, that I would very much like to talk to you and keep in contact.

Attached to this letter is a key for a box which Alice has and a family picture of us all, as well as a little bit of money. I want you to know Bella, this is not 'pity presents' or stuff that I think will make up for it all, because I don't.

Stay safe my darling child, I love you

Esme Cullen

xxx

By the time I had finished reading the letter, tears were streaming down my face and I was sobbing. Esme hadn't abadoned me at all, she had been forced to leave. I flipped the letter over and quickly turned on my old computer. After a few minutes, I closed down the adverts and logged onto my email acoount. Sighing, I ignored the numerous and increasingly frantic emails from Renee, and opened a new message. Typing in Esme's email adress, I began to write.

Dear Esme,

Thank you for your letter, I was soo worried that I would never hear of you again.

You're right it does hurt- it hurts soo much but don't blame Edward, it's my fault. If I had been better, more pretty, perhaps it would have worked.

How could you think that I would not want to talk to my mum.

I want you to know that I love you.

Please write back,

Bella

"Bella" Charlie called.

"One second dad" I shouted.

Clicking send, I logged out and started to head down the stairs.

"In the living room, honey"

"Are you sure Charlie? It's not too soon...." Alice fretted.

I smiled, typical Alice.

"No, it'll be fine, Alice. She's always been very close to you, as close to you as she is to me...it'll all be just fine" Charlie reassured her.

Charlie had a bit of a soft spot for Alice, he had really respected her for being a great friend. He had especially grown to like her since she helped Charlie so much over the summer. Charlie was very grateful that he didn't have to dress and undress me, when I had my cast on, so I wasn't suprised that he was so forgiving and easy going with Alice.

I opened the door slowly and watched Alice's eyes widen in shock. I ran towards her.

"Alice" I cried, hugging her tightly.

"Bella" Alice whispered. "Oh my God, what's happened to you?" she asked, horrified.

"Please don't" I begged.

"Alice, remember what I told you" Charlie warned.

"Sorry" Alice apologized.

"It's fine" I mumured.

"Can I come again tomorrow? We have so much to discuss but I must be off now, Jasper and I have lots to organize" Alice asked, hesitantly.

Charlie nodded.

No, she couldn't leave. She'd never come back. She can't leave me now.

"Please don't leave me, Alice, please!" I begged, tears rolling down my face. "Please" I cried.

"Bella" Charlie started, moving towards me.

"Shh, it's ok, I won't leave you, I promise. I'll never leave you" she mumured, rocking me gently. Turning to Charle she asked "Can I stay the night?"

"I'm fine with that, as long as Bella is..." Charlie trailed off, looking at me expectantly.

"Please" I croaked.

"Ok, well listen, I need to go back and get my stuff and tell Jasper, but I swear I'll be back in" she glanced at the clock "an hour's time, okay?" she looked at me. "If I'm not, you can kill me" she said.

"Might be difficult" I joked.

"I'm sure Charlie would manage..." Alice replied, smirking at me.

"You wanna bet?" I grinned.

Alice laughed, grinning at me. Out of the corner of my eye, I saw Charlie smile too.

"Alright, I'm off. I'll be back in one hour's time."

"I'll be counting" I promised.

Alice grinned at me.

"Listen, Alice what about that man of yours, Jasper, won't he mind?" Charlie asked.

"Oh no, he'll be fine with it....honest, he'll want to visit some friends nearby and stuff, honest..." she said, trailing off.

"Cool" Charlie said,simply.

And with that Alice left.

"I've always liked that girl"