Chapter 34

Bella POV

"I can't even believe how much has changed these last few months" Jane gushed as she slumped into the red plush chair next to me.

"I know" I smiled at her, as I closed my book. "Just think, a few months ago I was a feeble human sobbing in a wood over a douche bag and now I'm part of the Volturi guard and dating your brother"

"It's so weird how you're dating my brother. Literally, I can't even get my head around it. But how is it? Like do you see it going anywhere?" Jane asked me, curiously.

"Yeah, I mean, definitely. I mean I love-"

"Woah woah woah, did you just say you love him?" Jane cut me off.

"No" I tilted my head away from here, to hide my smile.

"Yes you did, Yes you did"Jane began to taunt me.

"Bella loves Alec. Bella loves Alec" she began to sing.

"Shut up!" I hissed at her as I put my hand over her lips.

"Ok ok!" she mumbled against my hand. "I won't say anything"

I removed my hand.

"But have you exchanged love you yet?" she asked me, seriously.

"Well..." I trailed off, avoiding her gaze.

"Yes?" she probed.

"Maybe...." I said hesitantly.

"Oh my God!" Jane squealed, as she clapped her hands together. "How come I don't know this? When? When did this happen?"

"Woah, calm down. Just last week...after our third date, it kind of just slipped out"

"Oohhhh, this is so cute, I love it"

"Anyway, as I was saying so much has changed and I think I have really changed too" I said, desperately trying to change the subject.

"Yeah definitely, I mean it feels like you've always been here.." Jane agreed, with a smile.

 "Aww, your own happily ever after" Jane sighed, contently. 

"Please can you not be so cheesy!" I complained, as I hit her lightly. 

Jane stuck her tongue out at me. 

"Do you like being part of the guard?" Jane asked me. 

"Yeah...I mean it's cool and fun but we don't really do much do we?"

"Yeah, it's about time we had some action" Jane enthused. 

"Maybe..I dunno I like just relaxing here with you and Alec" I murmured. 

"Not just relaxing with Alec" Jane added, with a smirk. 

I glared at her.

"Ok ok sorry...jeez, it's really easy to annoy you, by the way" Jane grinned at me. 

"Seriously though, I love Volterra and all of the Volturi. It's perfect" I smiled.

 "I know" Jane sighed, with a soft smile.

"You know we ought to get going or we're gonna be late" I reminded Jane, after a few seconds of silence. 

"Oh my gosh, yea, I completely forgot. Holiday. Airport." Jane flustered, as she got up. 

I chuckled. 

"Come on slow coach, we have less than 20 minutes and the airport is half an hour away" I reprimanded her.