| forty-eight |

A/N: Please excuse spelling/grammatical errors.

"What the hell am I doing here," Ambrosia groaned squeezing the sash of her seat belt. Her reflective eyes stared out the window of the car at a town house with three other cars parked in front of them.

One of the cars was a freshly waxed black and red Mustang, Ricky's car of course. Although she knew every movement towards his house was wrong the fear of being along was too crippling.

Being alone with her own thoughts, of Elias.

She tapped her pocket of pills and hopped out of her small car. Closing the door and locking it she was met by the strong smell of weed.

His friends must be over.

Despite his questionable business, Ricky didn't do drugs, he only smoked what he deemed was pure enough for him and wouldn't dare lower his "rank" as a dealer by becoming a druggie.

When his friends were over, Ricky splurged on weed.

Ambrosia got to the door and knocked softly but gradually let her fist pound against he door.

A slender light-skinned man opened the door and blinked at Ambrosia. After a few silent seconds he turned around leaning the door open and called out for Ricky.

Ambrosia walked in slowly and closed the door as she walked towards the living room. It was in those last steps she realized how stupid this was and as she began to walk back to the door she was met by Ricky at the base of the stairs.

"Couldn't resist, A?"

"I was actually just leaving."

Ambrosia walked past his right side but Ricky held her back with his hands gliding from her arms down to her waist.

She shivered and looked down, ashamed of what she had led herself into once again.

"Nah, I can't let you leave just like that, you know that."

She knew that all too well.

Ambrosia placed her hands on his arms and looked up with a negotiating smile.

"I just wanted to stay in the guest room, my neighbors are having a party again and I couldn't sleep," she then tried to go upstairs.

Ricky snatched her back by her arm and removed the joint from his mouth. He blew the smoke at her and smirked softly.

"Bullshit, A, you didn't really just come here just to sleep in my guest room," he asked pulling at the sleeve of her jacket.

Ambrosia bit the inside of her cheek quickly moving back but Ricky had already pushed his face into the crevice of her shoulder.

There was a definite struggle of her resistance as there usually was, and this was something Ricky enjoyed from her. Ambrosia had always failed to keep up her fight and especially this night.

She needed the distraction.

So as she held his blunt between her fingers and Ricky pulled down the cotton fabric of her shirt to bit excessively into her skin, Ambrosia could not remember what she was running from. As they popped pills together Ambrosia could not remember Elias or anyone else that was not in Ricky's room then and there.

As she lay underneath Ricky's naked and sleeping body she couldn't remember who she was before any of this.

She couldn't remember and truthfully she didn't want to remember.

-

-

-

It wasn't about what she wanted though, it was about what she needed.