| eighteen |

I assure you the angels above have not seen beauty such as your own, flower. 

The way you bloom, only for me, in the cool midnight air. 

Leaving me breathless and searching for your sweet nectar.

Finally, I can make you cling to me, as I do on every word that drips from your lips.

Let my love wash over you, purify us and make us one.

You make me feel whole Ambrosia.

-- | Elias |

-

-

-

A world of warm colors wrapped around Ambrosia's mind.

Where am I?

She blinked and looked around desperately only to realize she couldn't move her body. She watched as the colors grow closer and tighter around her legs, then waist, then stomach. It gripped her tightly, so tight her eyes began to water.

The water poured from her eyes like rivers and as she tried to gasp for air only water filled her lungs. The warmth around her grew hotter and hotter until it was too much to endure.

Then it stopped. The water vanished, the warmth fled her side, leaving her cold.

"Ambrosia!"

"Huh?" Ambrosia jerked up out of her dream her chin rested in her hand. Ivy sat across from Ambrosia and frowned at her.

"Ambrosia that's the third time you fell asleep this morning," Ivy stated taking a bite out of the bagel she was holding.

"Oh, yeah...I'm just-"

"Hungover?"

Ambrosia lifted her head and paused.

"No, just tired because I went to sleep late."

"Yeah." Ivy took another bite and leaned back in her chair and stared at her glass of juice.

The two sisters sat alone in the large dining room downstairs by the kitchen. From Ambrosia's knowledge, her Aunt had gone into the town with Mrs.Henway to address a business meeting that would be hosted in the house. 

Of course without the other resident's approval.

As for the girl's father, he was still ill but recovering slowly from what seemed like food poisoning. Which had Ivy pretty bent out of shape, but Ambrosia...

Ambrosia repeatedly found herself thinking about Elias. How could she not after the event of that night. It had been about a week since she woke up in his bed, alone. Her doubts and insecurities managed to grab her before she could even get out and take a shower.

All the little echoes of regret and anticipating the consequences of their intimacy. However, she kept flashing back to the thrill and the tension of the moment.

 Ambrosia shook her head silently and took up the last piece of her omelette onto her fork.

"I wonder where the Henways are," Ivy said blatantly, her eyes wandered around the dining room.

"Yeah..." Ambrosia mumbled. Ivy leaned into the table and glanced behind herself before whispering.

"It's weird how this personal lawyer  was administrating Grandma's funeral but she's still here helping with the house, it's been almost a month."

"It is weird, she has to be part of Tania's little games," Ambrosia muttered.

"And her son, Elias, he such creep..."