| twenty-nine |

AN: Will edit for spelling errors & etc.
-Edit: I just want to say how grateful I am for all the support I've gotten towards this story. To be quite truthful with you all this book was supposed to be finished two months ago but I had lost interest and wasn't honestly planning on coming back. However, seeing the investment of time so many people have put into reading this, It would be rude of me to just stop. I've found my spark once again and I have to thank the readers of | Elias | for that. Thank you my little flowers.
🥀 cocoalin

Ivy fell to the ground of the living room her face hidden in her hands.

"No, he can't be dead," she cried.

Mr. Avril took a slow to inhale of his cigar and let the silence settle around us.

"His body will be taken to the morgue."

Ivy let out a heart withering sigh shrouded by her excessive tears.

"So, will the officers begin an investigation?" Ambrosia questioned as she watched the broad man stroll around the room and touche the antique decorations scattered on the tables.

Her eyes pushed out a few drops of tears but she quickly wiped them aside, she had to be strong, for the two of them.

"Soon, Ambrosia, soon," Mr. Avril answered as he examined a glass mint bowl on one of the coffee tables.

"Sir you have two promising suspects, why not start now?"

Mr. Avril set the bowl down and straightened his coat before directing his attention to Ambrosia as if she had just entered the room. His mustache moved up and spread slightly to indicate a smile.

"Ambrosia, I'd advise you to leave the investigation to the professionals, we are doing this with your best interest at heart."

Ambrosia clenched her teeth and looked away with growing discomfort.

"To make sure you two ladies are safe I will be staying to watch over for a few days along with my men of course," Mr. Avril said crouching by Ivy who had finally brought herself together and was using him to help her get up in her fragile state.

"What, no that's-" Ambrosia began but Ivy whispered her name with a heavy urgency.

"Ambrosia...he needs to stay."

Mr. Avril threw his cigar bud to the ground and crushed it quickly under his grey leather boots.

"Ivy, you are a child, you don't make the rules here," Ambrosia hissed snapping a finger towards her younger sister who stood sheepishly next to the investigator.

"Ah, but she does make the deals, right little one?"

Ambrosia stared at the two before her with unbearable distress feeling as if the situation had gotten out of her control.

"Ivy, what the hell is he talking about?"

Ambrosia grabbed her sister's arm and shook her while Mr. Avril strolled towards two new men that had come into the house.

"Ivy!" Ambrosia shouted at her sister who stood dumbly staring at the ground as if the marble on the floor was hypnotizing her.

Ambrosia looked at the new intruders and her voice stuck to the back of her throat like thick honey.

It was the two twisted cops from before the Tania was meeting with.

One blue-eyed blonde man with a crooked nose and the other, a thin man with a distinct scar from his lip to his eye. The shorter man held open a brown leather bag filled to the top with a pack of a white substance.