| twenty-one|

Your nectar is like no other Ambrosia.

And you flower, are to only food that can satisfy me.

Make me immortal.

-- | Elias |

-

-

-

Ambrosia pushed open her father's bedroom door.

Ivy sat silently by the side of the bed fiddling with a piece of paper in her hands. Her dark hazel eyes watching her father sleep with an anxious look.

"Ivy..." Ambrosia called out plucking her sister from her void of thought.

"Mrs. Henway is putting poison in his tea," Ambrosia whispered her eyes darting to Ivy as she walked in.

Ivy looked up at Ambrosia licking her lips. "I knew it...the cup smelled like chemicals"

"Yes and-wait you knew she makes the tea in the morning?"

Ivy only nodded once turning back to her father and adjusting the covers on is sleeping form.

"I woke up yesterday and I saw her." Ivy's voice was icy.

Ambrosia walked over to the bed and put a hand on her father's forehead. He wasn't burning up.

Ambrosia walked over to his dresser and picked up a small teacup.

"Why didn't you stop her, Ivy?"

Ambrosia turned around to face Ivy, the teenager was looking straight at her hands.

"I was scared Ambrosia..." 

Tap Tap Tap

Ambrosia and Ivy froze the chill of winter seemed to seep through the walls. Another quick tap echoed through the room before the door opened.

Mrs. Henway stood dressed in a cool dark blue long sleeve blouse and straight black business pants. Her short dark hair was pulled back into ponytail giving a full view of her dark eyes.

"Did I interrupt something?" the woman asked in an unreasonably calm voice.

How long was she behind the door? She must have heard something.

"No, what do you need Mrs. Henway?" 

"Just thought I left something in here, I'll leave you girls," Mrs. Henway professed before slipping out the door and closing it. The girls stood in shock watching the door as if she was going to pop back in and yell surprise.

Ambrosia tore her eyes from the door as Ivy held up a small torn paper.

"I found this underneath his book..." The two girls peered at their sleeping father.

"What is it?" Ambrosia whispered.

"Let's read it in your room," Ivy answered reaching for the door.

The sisters walked out of the room, seeing that there were no spying eyes, they proceeded to walk down the hallway to Ambrosia's room. They went inside and locked the door.

Ivy sat on the floor and Ambrosia sat on a small foot stool.

"Before you read it, I want to tell you what Tania told me after you left at breakfast," Ivy began in a hushed voice her hands twitched to her braid and she twirled it. Something she only did when something bothered her.

"As we know in grandma's Will, Tania is in charge of intangible property, but Tania told me that grandma put her in charge of all of grandma's shares and business contracts before her death. She told me that the men she was meeting today were part of the police department, the sheriff and his deputy of town to be exact."