| twenty-two |

You wouldn't hurt me right?

Then what is this torment.

This pain I can't deny you...even if I wanted to.

I'm stripped in pure light, exposed in my naked shame.

Hide me in your arms Ambrosia.

-- | Elias |

-

-

-

Elias POV

I grabbed the piece of rope I had placed on the branch above me and wrapped it around the split logs I had cut earlier. They were now propped up on a stump ready to be bundled. The wind howled through the branches of the tree and pushed the cold air through my jacket. I shivered and quickly attempted to tie the rope around.

But the rope slipped out from my grip and burned my hands. I looked down dully at the raw streak across my palms for a second before grabbing the rope and trying again. I finally tied a knot and slid the bundle of wood onto my shoulder.

It was pitch black outside with only the twinkle of stars above my head as I walked through the dead grass. Squinting in the moonlight to make out what path I would take to get back to the house.

I watched as steam exited my nose I exhaled. It was so cold. The only thing I had to trap body heat, was my corduroy jacket and the scarf I had took from Ambrosia's room. I inhaled once again reminded of her fresh scent then wondering if I would ever really return it to her.

As I walked a familiar voice returned to accompany me on my lonely journey.

Doesn't the weather feel nice tonight?

"It's a little too cold," I replied letting my words drift like the smoke that came from my mouth and into the cold air.

Pussy.

"..."

Where is flower?

"I-I didn't see her the rest of the day."

Mother will be mad.

But it wasn't my fault, Ambrosia didn't want to be around me, and I couldn't blame her.

Distract her and use her, mother said to me as a slit of smile stretched across her face. I knew she enjoyed using anything that peeked my interest against me. It had always been that way since my father had left us.

Ambrosia's eyes, like dark pools of water, enveloped me in their beauty while boring deep into my soul. Shaking me down to my true intentions.

She said my name ever so breathlessly. In a way that I could faintly hear affection and yearning that i hadn't heard in years.

Her reaction was nothing like the others.

She repeated my name and in my drunken passion I wanted to hear her say my name again and again and again.

Something that night shook in me and I knew it as I watched her sleep. It scared me the way she could control me.

Something only mother could do.

I had made it to the house and stepped in through the back entrance going down the hallway and turning into a library room. I walked in quietly dropping the wood at the feet of the fireplace.

"Took you long enough," my mother's voice mumbled from off in the corner. I turned to see the devil herself sitting in a cushioned chair by a coffee table. She plopped the last piece of caramel candy she had on a small plate into her mouth and stood up.

She brushed her hands on her scarlet robe before beckoning me to come near. I gulped and strode to her with a steady gaze.

"What is troubling you Elias?"

She noticed.

"Nothing, I just need to refill," I answered hastily taking out my empty pill bottle to show her.

The woman took it and walked daintily by the fireplace to warm herself and I knew to follow behind.

"I see...is Ambrosia taken care of?"

She faced the crackling flames as they licked and whipped at the last pieces of wood.

"Yes," I answered.

"You hesitated Elias, you know i hate when you hesitate Elias," her voice gradually rose as she side-eyed me. "It's because you think to much honey."

The softening of her voice surprised me but was nonetheless dangerous.

"I apologize mother I-"

"Think about this, think about what would happen if you didn't get that medication refill," she snapped and tossed the empty container into the diminishing flames.

"Add more wood for me Elias and think real hard about biting the hand that feeds you."

Like a puppet I moved to her command and reignited the flames with more wood and watched as they dropped into the mouth of the fireplace.

I looked on as the remainder of the bottle melted away on the ashes and I could feel the hunger clawing at my stomach.

The hunger of the other me.

The black borders squeezing my vision into one tunnel. The dark desires that spilled back into my mind and the taste of blood in my mouth as I bit into my tongue.

The pain was never there only the pleasure.

Mother snapped her fingers grabbing my attention.

"I have a job for you, Elias."

-

-

-

A/N: Oooo girl we getting into the mystery and the plot is only getting thicker.

If you guys need some clarification on wth is going on feel free to ask question in the comments.

Some stuff to think about:

-Who is poisoning the dad and why?

-Is Mr. Avril really a private investigator??

-Tania is a bish no cap.

-Theories??