| sixteen |

Let your flower blossom under my hand.
I long to make you crave me.
Every inch of your mind.
Let me push my way through.

Darling, I will have you.

- | Elias |

-

-

-

Ambrosia pulled her arms through the sleeves of her black sweater. She was casually dressed in some jeans and a pair of boots. Ambrosia grabbed her phone and checked the time.

It was 10:37.

Ambrosia slipped her phone into her back pocket and exited her room, listening. Everyone had retired to their bedroom to her knowledge. As she silently crept down the stairs she spotted Elias leaning by the door. His eyes watched her and he gave off a slim smile.

"Ready to go, gorgeous?"

Ambrosia gave a half smile while opening the door.

"Of course."

Elias led Ambrosia out and down the long driveway to his gray beaten up Jeep. 

"Nice car," Ambrosia teased.

"Thanks," said Elias dryly.

Elias opened the door for Ambrosia and she got in. As soon as she had sat down the intense smell of lavender hit her like a truck. Elias got in and noticed the scrunched up expression that had made its way onto her face.

He cracked a window, his face slightly flushed.

"Sorry, I wanted to make my car smell.....better."

Ambrosia chuckled and looked at him with an eyebrow raised. However he did not laugh back, in fact, Elias seemed panicked.

Ambrosia turned away and focused her attention on the star-speckled sky as they started to drive. She felt a buzz in her pocket and pulled out her phone.

1 miss call from Dante.

Ambrosia muttered something under her breath as she ignored the notification.

"So...where are we going?" Ambrosia breathed out after a few minutes of silence. 

Elias glanced her and tapped his fingers on the steering wheel.

"There is this bar called Dragon Fruit, I was going to take you there," Elias replied.

Ambrosia groaned, her tolerance with alcohol was like self-control, weak.

Why did it have to be a bar?

Elias cracked a smile at Ambrosia's reaction.

"Hey, don't you get upset at me, remember this is a friendly date- I mean meeting."

Ambrosia bit her bottom lip and crossed her arms. 

That's right, it was just a friend thing. 

It wasn't long until Elias pulled up to Dragon fruit, the establishment had a bright blue neon sign with the logo. As Ambrosia got out of the car, her phone buzzed again. 

Dante...

Damn, why can't he just leave me alone?

Ambrosia frowned and caught up with Elias who was waiting for her at the door. Inside was lively and loud, with a band playing on the stage and the commotion of people talking all at the same time. Elias and Ambrosia walked to a table and sat down. 

Ambrosia looked around at the dragon painting on the wall and breathed in the fumes of Asian cuisine. Her eyes drifted along the grunge decoration and strobe lights that flashed for her attention to the stage.