| ten |

A garden of unspeakable love.

It awaits me, as I search through the bushes.

For my flower.

For my desire.

I have never felt this way before.

The way I long for the flower of eternal life.

The flower calls me, her colors blind me.

I am trapped, in her seductive song.

Dance with me, Ambrosia.

—𝘌𝘭𝘪𝘢𝘴

-

-

-

Ambrosia jerked herself out of bed at the sound of shouting.

"No, I ordered the tablecloth to be cream, not off-white!" yelled the voice.

Ambrosia looked at her phone.

It was 12:23, who was yelling so early in the morning!

Ambrosia slipped her phone into her pocket, scrambled out of bed and tried to calm her dog who had started to break out in nervous barking. Sadie whimpered and hid underneath the bed while Ambrosia threw her robe on over her shorts and tank top and hurried downstairs.

Ambrosia found Aunt Tania rubbing her temples as she paced the large living room. Ambrosia gaped as her eyes scanned the ornated room. The rest of her family members were up and about, helping decorate the house.

Tania slipped her hands down her black dress and chuckled.

"Finally you're up."

"What's going on?" Ambrosia yawned.

Tania smiled at her question and placed her hands on her hips.

"I decided to have a small gathering, or party if you will, for grandma Hill."

A figure walked up beside Ambrosia and spoke.

"This really is not necessary Tania."

It was Ambrosia's father, who must have also heard the yelling form his room.

Tania frowned and picked up a silver-colored plate looking at her reflection in it.

"I already sent the invitations to all our previous guests.....don't worry it is just a funeral reception!" Tania exclaimed before turning on her heels and strutting away.

Ambrosia looked at her father who rubbed his face groggily. He didn't wish to argue with his sister in law so he gave up with a sigh.

"You should get some rest, I'll help Aunt Tania," Ambrosia told her father gently ushering back to the stairs.

Ambrosia went into the kitchen to see a few housekeepers slaving over the stove and prepping up plates in the dining room.

Without a question, Ambroisa began to help place plates and silverware on the tables. She helped clean the floors, hang ribbons, and put curtains in the rooms.

Tania strode up to Ambrosia while she was struggling to put up a curtain and began to help her.

"I've got it," Ambrosia insisted. However, with her Aunt's help, they were able to accomplish the task much faster.

Silently Ambrosia studied the slim black women who seemed to notice her reluctant movements.

"Something wrong dear?" Tania asked under her breath.