Prologue

Author P.O.V

A h/c girl is sitting by the lake. Tears streams down her cheeks as she stare at her reflection. 'Why do I have to be born in this family? Everyone here hated me... what have I ever done to deserve this...' She thought.

She pulls up the sleeve of her kimono to see a bruise forming. Tears starts to stream harder when she recalls what happened.

Flashback

"You imbecile child! I regret ever giving birth to a worthless child like you!" Her mother screams at Y/N. Her head turns side way as she felt a stinging pain, realizing her mother just slapped her.

"Yeah! I want a son! Not a daughter like you!" This time it came from her dad. "Mom... Dad... why do you keep treating me like this? What have I done to deserve such treatment?" She cried out. "Because you're Useless!" They scream together. Y/N shakes her head and turns around to run.

End of Flashback

Y/N shakes her head and wipes away her tears. 'I have to go home... or they will give me another beating...' she thought. She stands up and dust her knees. Then she makes her way back to the head quarters.

Time-skip

Y/N P.O.V

I was walking back to the village. I'm walking with my head down. My head snap towards the village when the smell of smoke enters my nostril. My eyes widened when I see the village is scorching on fire.

'Mom... dad...' I thought, breaking into a sprint towards her house. As much as my parents hates me and always abuse me. I will always love them.

When I reach there. I sees her parents kneeling down in front of a man. The man raise a sword and was about to kill them.

"No!!" I scream. I run forward, shielding my parents from the man. "Move away! How dare you interfere! Do you have death wish?" The man screams at me. But I stand my ground.

"If you wanna kill my parents... you have to kill me first..." I said, trying to sound brave. The man starts laughing at me. "I've never met a girl so brave like you... but if that's what you wish for... very well... I'll make it quick" he said. He raise his sword and is about to swing it at me.

"Father wait!" A new voice is heard. I turn my head to see a boy, around my age... or maybe older. He walks forward until he stands next to his father. He stares at me, intensely.

"Father... I want her to be my wife..." the boy said. My eyes widened, hearing what he just said. 'Me? As his wife?? He have got to be kidding...' I thought to myself, still in shock.

His father turn to him in shock. "Her? Are you serious, Tahomaru??" He said. "Yes Father... I'm sure..." the boy I know as Tahomaru said, nodding his head.

"Hmm... if that's what you wish for..." he starts. "Yes Father... that's what I wish for..." Tahomaru said. "very well..." his father said. Then he turns to my parents. "I will spare your life's... on one condition" he starts.

He turns to me and points his finger at me. "Hand over this girl... I want her to give her hand to my son in marriage..." he said. My eyes widened, I turn to my parents. "Mom... dad... you wouldn't, right?" I said, looking at them with pleading eyes.

"I agree..." dad said, his voice shows no hesitation. I stare at him in disbelief. "Father! How could you?!" I scream out. I turn to mom, wishing she will at least help me. But she just look away, as if she didn't care about me at all. I shake my head "I can't believe this. How can you both be so cruel?! I'm your child!" I yell at them.

A hand grabs a hold of my wrist. I turn my head to see Tahomaru. "You heard what they said... now come with us, my love..." he said. I shake my head, trying get his hand off of my wrist. "No! Unhand me! I don't wanna marry you! I don't even know you!" I scream. His grip is too strong as he starts to drag me with her.

"Mom! Dad!! Please... don't do this to me!" I scream. I feel something piercing my neck. Then my eyesight starts to get blurry. The last thing I remember is the boy catching me in his arms. Then everything turns black.

Time-skip

When I open my eyes, I realize I'm not in my room. This isn't even my house! Nor my village... my village have been burnt down to ashes.

I move to sit up, but my head starts to hurt badly. I clutch my head, trying to ease the dizziness. 'Where am I?' I thought to myself. Then I remember what happened. My eyes widened as I remember how Tahomaru practically force me to go with him.

The door slid open making me turn my head, to see him standing by the door. "I see you've awaken, my love..." he said. He walks towards me as I scoot back from him. "Don't come any closer..." I said, staring at him with fear in my eyes.

I can't back away anymore, the wall is on my back. I start shaking when I see Tahomaru standing right in front of me.

He kneels down in front of me. "P-please... d-don't hurt m-me..." I plead. "I won't hurt you... why would I hurt my own wife?" He said. "W-wife...?" I stutter out. "Look at your hand..." he said. I look down at my hand and my eyes widened. There's a wedding ring on my finger.

I look at him in disbelieve. "Y-you... m-married m-me... w-when I w-was unconscious??" I said, in shock. He smirks and leans his face really close to mine. "That's right love... you're mine now..." he said. I start shaking even more. I shake my head "y-you're... you're crazy..." I said. "I'm crazy for you..." he said. Then he leans in and slowly place his lips on mine. I try to back away, but the wall on my back prevents me to.

I have to run away from here... no... I WILL run away... I'll find my freedom

*to be continued*