REIKA-SAMA -160 (Saika Tsugumi POV)

Start from the beginning

"Reika-san keeps buying worthless mail order stuff that she sees on television. The other day when I went to sleep over she proudly brought out this 'kaimaki futon' sleeping bag thing and told me to sleep in it."

"You know, Reika-san's whole family came down with food poisoning because of her home-made yoghurt."

"When I asked Reika-san what her ideal type was, she told me that it was somebody who would chant the Spell of Destruction with her. Laputa? Geez, Reika-san really never grows up."

I had no idea if these were truth or lies, but each time Ririna-chan would let out a huge sigh and say,

"It's tough having an older sister that you always need to take care of."

I think as an only child, Ririna-chan actually really wanted siblings.

Being the stubborn person that she was, Ririna-chan would never admit it, but she actually really loved Reika-senpai.

During Reika-senpai's middle school graduation, Ririna-chan said, "Reika-san won't get flowers from anyone else, anyway!" as an excuse to bring her flowers.

But even though Ririna-chan tried her hardest to choose, for some reason she had Reika-senpai's oniisama hand them over.

I think she was upset because of all the flowers that other kouhai gave Reika-senpai.

During our own ceremony the next year, Reika-senpai and her oniisama came to offer their congratulations as well. They gave Ririna-chan a bouquet of lollipop lilies that was just perfect for her.

Although her tongue was venomous as always, after Reika-senpai and her brother left, Ririna-chan hugged the bouquet and secretly cried just a little.

These days there are lollipop lilies and urara roses growing in the garden at Ririna-chan's house.

The rumours about Reika-senpai's love life seemed to be endless.

I suppose that was little surprise, though. Reika-senpai was like a beautiful queen, always surrounded by other people.

First was the pairing that was considered not only the most enviable, but also the most dreamy; none other than the Emperor himself.

The Emperor was a person who rarely paid girls any attention, and Reika-senpai was one of the very few girls he was close to. For example, when he gave Reika-senpai a love poem anthology, or when he played a song on the piano for her. It was sooo dreamy!

According to rumours, somebody had spotted them behind the school building, the Emperor with a hand on her shoulder, looking like they were about to kiss at any moment. If that was true then this was a huge scoop.

The next love interest was Enjou-sama, the other major source of adoration for Zui'ran girls. He was the Emperor's best friend, and treated as something like the Prince of Zui'ran.

There were rumours about how Enjou-sama loved Reika-senpai as well, for example stories about how the two of them shared an umbrella home, or how he brought back souvenirs for Reika-senpai.

According to the girls in the Pivoine, the two of them often happily chatted in the salon or at parties, and although this next bit was also just a rumour, apparently Reika-senpai had wanted a firefly, so Enjou-sama caught one and gifted it to her as a present.