REIKA-SAMA -160 (Saika Tsugumi POV)

Start from the beginning

She hadn't lost any of her strong will, but from that day onwards she stopped crossing the line. As a result she gradually gained friends.

Of course, I still had no intention of getting involved with her, but because Kotou had the 'East' character while Saika had 'West', the teacher grouped us together at every chance.

Before I knew it, Kotou-san would hold my arm and walk with me whenever it came time to switch classrooms.

And Kotou-san began calling me 'Tsugumi', even though I had no recollection of allowing it.

"Huh. This is the same model that I'm using. I think I'll exchange addresses with you."

Somehow she even spotted my cellphone and forced her email address on me.

Each day after that came a flurry of messages.

I guess she thought well of me for whatever reason. I noticed this when she followed the Emperor too, but Kotou-san was really pushy...

By now I had pretty much given up. I didn't think it was possible for me to escape this person any more...

Still, although she was overbearing and somewhat wilful, Kotou-san was by no means a bad person. As long as she acknowledged you she wouldn't hesitate to defend you with all her might.

One day, some boy called me "midget four-eyes". Kotou-san rushed out and began shouting at him.

"Make fun of my friend again and I'll damage your hair so badly the roots will never grow anything again!"

As the frightened boy tried to escape she chased after him and continued to threaten him.

"How about a widow's peak! Or a tonsure! Maybe I'll just take it all!"

Kotou-san was incredible...

But just now, she said 'my friend'...

I decided to give calling her name a try.

"Thank you, Ririna-chan."

For a moment Kotou-san, now Ririna-chan, looked surprised, but that quickly changed into a satisfied smile.

From that day onwards, we really were friends.

Ririna-chan's conversations often involved Reika-senpai.

I was a plain and easily overlooked girl, but because of my friendship with Ririna-chan I was allowed to call her 'Reika-senpai'. It was wonderful.

Anyhow, Kisshouin Reika-senpai was the perfect oneesama to us. Not only was she beautiful, but she was charismatic and intelligent too. Ririna-chan didn't seem to think so though.

"Geez, Reika-san has gotten fat again."

"Apparently Reika-san was dropkicked by a monkey at Nikkou, but she couldn't even counterattack."

"Reika-san said that her dream was to be proposed to with too many flower bouquets to carry. And the other day she said that she wanted to exchange her vows on Christmas, in a church decorated by little lights, you know? Reika-san might really be tricked by a marriage swindler one day..."