devils territory pt.20

Y/n's pov:

When I met Ethan I never thought he would be my husband, its never how I pictured my life. He was a criminal and I was a nobody. A broken woman whom he saved, he lost his brother and gained me.

I never considered myself a replacement for his brother, I wished with everything in me that Grayson was still with us. I know it still bothers Ethan, although his night terrors had stopped but there is still his fear of losing me.

and my fear of losing him.

We're paranoid because we aren't stupid we know that at anytime anything can happen we have just grown together understanding that fact and we have lived this way since the day we met.

I was in bed looking at our book, our story. I had finished writing it after our honeymoon and I took it to a publisher. They liked my writing and the fact I had added all the journal entrys I had written ever since Ethan saved my life.

Ethan demanded we have and keep a copy in the house, he claims its the only book he has ever finished.

I still write in my journal, and I still never tell him what I'm writing about at the time even though I end up reading it to him word by word and line by line not just after his night terrors anymore.

mostly when he just can't fall asleep.

we both found comfort in each others voices and when we read to each other, it eased our distress and restlessness.

I don't find myself feeling pathetic as I don't yearn for his approval, we always manage to stumble upon an agreement sometimes without even speaking a word. I truly believe Ethan has changed into a better person.

He has always been a good man, but now hes free from his past the business we thought would always remain unfinished was cut and put to an end despite our assumption.

paranoia remained, but his past didn't

We always knew we were going to be afraid.

I think the reason we understand and live with the fact that anything can happen at anytime because we didn't expect Ethans past to disappear.

We expected it to bite us in the ass eventually and we were prepared for that. We were prepared to lose everything we were trying to build together and be unable to start over when we tried so desperately to create a new life for ourselves, but the poisonous past evaporated into thin air and no one was hurt.

We started a life, we were each others family and we created new names together while we still remained Ethan and Y/n.

"you still reading that?" Ethan asked me as he rolled over in our bed facing me as I held the book in my hands.

I had been sitting up just holding this book for most of the night after Ethan had fallen asleep beside me in the comfort of our bed, just thinking.

I'm always just thinking.

"no I'm just looking at it again, isn't it crazy"

"is what crazy?"

"this, our life, our normal"

"sometimes things seem fictional, but I wouldn't classify it as crazy" he grabbed the book from my hands and held it in his as he sat up pressing a kiss to my lips.

"why? this isn't crazy to you?" I asked as soon as the kiss broke.

"its normal compared to the crazy I knew, in story books I'm supposed to be the bad guy, the villain. It seems fictional compared to their fiction that me a man with hundreds of mens blood on his hands now has a book in his hands all about him and the woman he grew to love more than anything he ever has"

"but you aren't a villain" I defended, "their definition of a villain is stereotypical, you never killed without reason"

"you're right I'm not a stereotypical villain in this book."

"you aren't a villain at all not in our book, our story, or outside of what is written in those pages they are unable to feel. unable to love and unable to be loved"

"you can't predict the human brain, this devil fell in love with an angel. I don't find it crazy I just think it sounds fictional"

"maybe I'm not that angel, maybe I'm just as evil as you"

"I would never allow myself to ruin that innocence why do you think I left?"

"I fell addicted to the adrenaline of being with you"

"yeah and that scared the hell out of me"

"why did you come back then?"

"your journal but you already know that, you saw good in me you were the first person that has ever done that oh and lets not forget the fact I am madly in love with you mrs.dolan"

A smile broke onto my face, "what about your mother?"

"shes my mother. she knew of everything, but because I'm her son I don't think she realized how monstrous I was"

"so you don't think our marriage is crazy?" I asked curling myself against his chest as he opened his arms for me.

"no its just our story" he opened the book, "lets get you to sleep." he whispered and pressed a kiss to the top of my head.

authors note:

unedited: ignore spelling errors

this is the end to devils territory, I seriously suck at updating my chapter and publishing new ones. I wish I knew how to do one shots without rushing the story. I am completely done with this imagines book, I will be starting a new one. I don't know win but I hope I can improve in the areas I wasn't the strongest in this imagines book.

Thank you all for the kindness and patience

@sweetedols on instagram :')