Chapter 17

ZOYA KHAN

It's such a beautiful sight to see your children writing a card for their father. I smiled looking at Maahi and Arhaan who were just finishing up the birthday card for Ahad.

"Bhabhi!" Ahna called and I looked up at her. "I have all the decorations in my room. Ohhhh my munchkins!!" She exclaimed as she saw what Maahi and Arhaan were doing.

Tomorrow is Ahad's birthday and tough he doesn't like to celebrate it we decided to do something small for him at home.
_______________

It was 11:59pm when Maahi, Arhaan and I entered our room after doing some little decorations downstairs.

"Shhhh, slowly" Maahi said and we both smiled at her.

Maahi jumped on Ahad's back and shouted "HAPPY BIRTHDAY BABA!!" And immediately Ahad opened his eyes. Ahad turned around and Arhaan also tried to get on his stomach. They both sat on him and hugged him.

"This is for you baba" Maahi said handing over the card she and Arhaan made. Tears formed in Ahad's eyes as he looked and read the card.

"Thank you soo much bache!" He said and kissed both of their cheeks. I smiled at them and then sat next to Ahad.

"Happy birthday" I whispered in his ears and he smiled not looking at me.
_____________

"Happy birthday bhai" Ahna exclaimed as we came downstairs.

ZOYA

AHAD

AHAD

He mouthed a thank you and we all headed towards the cake. Ahad took Maahi in his arms while I took Arhaan in mine.

It was a simple and comfortable celebration. Ahad cut the cake and fed us all. He received gifts from his siblings and children which made him smile.

Sometimes in life, all you need is the comfort of your family and their presence.

"Bhai!" Nailah called and all of our attention turned to her.

"We have another gift" she said and winked at Shoaib, Shaheen and Ahna.