Chapter 13

I really don't know how the chapter ended up being in bold. So please excuse that mistake as I couldn't get it out of the bold font.
____________

ONE MONTH LATER

ZOYA KHAN

I entered our room and saw Ahad sitting on the bed busy with his laptop. I went to take a shower and after a little while when I came out he was still in that same position. I sat on the chair opposite our dressing table and started to apply my moisturizer. As i looked up in the mirror I saw Ahad looking at me, I quickly averted my gaze.

Two minutes later, I saw him coming towards me. He stood behind me and placed his hands on my shoulder. "Why does my beautiful wife look so upset today?"Ahad asked as I stood up to go. He pushed me against the wall and stood infront of me.

"Nothing is wrong! Let's sleep"I said looking down. "Don't lie"he said pushing me back to the wall. He kissed my forehead and I immediately closed my eyes.

"Ahad! I don't want baba to live with us anymore. I have so much work to do and taking care of an old man isn't very easy. I get tired and then I eventually get frustrated and I really don't want to take out my frustration on him" I said not daring to look into those blue eyes.

He moved back a little and turned around. "And also he gets cranky really fast, and that annoys me alot. In short I just don't want him here anymore."I said staring at his back.

Only if you know how much it's hurting to say such!

"Please let me know what I should do, also you don't like his existence so I'm sure it's not hard for to take a decision"I said initiating the fire in him.

"If he dies, or lives its not like you-

"Zoya Khan! Not one word against my dad"Ahad said pinning me against the wall angrily. His eyes were bloodshot red and his hold on my wrist tightened.

"Stop acting like you care. When you really don't"I said staring at him.

"Ahhh! You are hurting me"I said and he loosened his grip on my hand. He kept on staring at me and I could see how he was battling with his own emotions. He is like this since the day we played cricket and he called baba, baba. I brought forward my hand and caressed his face.

"Ahad! Just let it be! Don't be so harsh on yourself"I said and he closed his eyes tightly.

"I.... I want to forgive him but each time I try to take a step forward his wrongdoings always come infront of me. I feel so helpless Zoya. I really don't know what to do"He said and it clenched my heart to see him in pain.

"Listen to your heart. Forgive him and you will see, you will find so much peace. woh jung apne aap he khatam hojaye gi (That battle itself would end)"I said caressing his cheeks.

"Do you think he will forgive me?"He asked and I smiled nodding my head looking at his vulnerable state.

"I love you"I said and he pecked my lips.

__________________

AHAD KHAN

I slowly knocked on baba's room door and waited for his response. As he allowed me to come in I entered and saw him sitting on the chair.

"Oh beti! Please don't give me those yucky medicines. I'm Tired of them."baba said thinking it was Zoya that came.

"Baba"I said and it felt like the world and time stopped. There was this strange silence that was making its presence known. Baba turned around and we both didn't dare to look at each other. But mustering up some courage, I went forward and stood infront of him.