Chapter 2

ZOYA'S POV

As we reached the hospital uncle was immediately taken care off! I trembled thinking of the consequences I would have to face!

"Are you the guardian of the patient?" I heard a voice. I looked up and nodded!

"Please come into my cabin!" The doctor said and I nodded.

I followed the doctor into her cabin!

"Please have a seat!" She said and I sat down!

"Who are you to the patient?" The doctor said. I looked down at my cold fingers before replying "Daughter-in-law"

She nodded and looked through her files.

"As you are a family member I would like to share this with you" she said and I nodded encouraging her to continue!

"Mr Shehbaz Khan is a cancer patient!" She said and I looked up at her in shock.

"Excuse me!" I said and she repeated herself!

"Shehbaz Khan has lung cancer!" She said and tears rolled down my cheeks.

"Now this can be treated! Mr khan has not have the money to support himself to buy the medications! This is a very serious issue! If he is hooked up to the medications chances are he will be perfectly fine within a few months" she said looking at me!

I closed my eyes and rest back on the chair!

"Here!" I heard the doctor! I opened my eyes and she forwarded me a glass of water.

"Thank you!" I said and drank the water.

"He needs to be taken care of and needs to have a healthy lifestyle! At this age it is not good for him to be like this" the doctor said and I listened to her attentively.

"So are you willing to assist him?" The doctor asked and without thinking I nodded.

I know this will bring loads of consequences! My family would be so mad at me. But I just can't let him stay in this state. He's not some stranger, he's my husbands father!

After writing the prescriptions the doctor handed the paper to her assistant.

"She will bring the medications to you!" The doctor said and I nodded.

"Can I meet him!" I asked the doctor

"Yes you may! Also Mrs Khan please allow him to live a healthy lifestyle! Keep him away from all sorts of stress" she said and I nodded.

I left her cabin and went towards uncle!
I opened his ward door and smiled at him.

"How are you feeling uncle?" I asked and he called me closer to him.

I sat on the chair next to him and he rest his hand on my head.

"Thank you so much for saving me beti. I really don't know what they would have done to me" he said while looking sad.

"It's ok uncle! It's all over! Now let's go home" I said and he stared at me.

"I don't have a home" he said and that shattered my heart.

"Of course you do! Come we will go home" I said helping him to get up.

"Beti I don't want to cause conflict between you and Ahad!" He said while looking away.

"You call me beti! Aren't you going to listen to your beti" I asked with a smile.

"And as far as your hittler son! I will deal with him" I said and he smiled.