Chapter 105:"I love you too."

Start from the beginning

"You seem curious." Lance says beside me. "If you have more questions feel free to ask me."

-True. I still wonder, what Isaac meant, when he mentioned that Lance 'killed' someone...-

"Yes." I say. I nervously fidget my fingers and sense him staring at me. "I want to know... What Isaac meant back then?..."

I notice how the aura has changed. He drops his smile and looks away from me. -I did it again... I killed the good vibe.- He looks bothered and it's clear to see that he doesn't want to talk about it.

I nervously laugh, cause I don't know what else to do. "You don't have to tell me, if you don't want to! I was just babbling random things out."

He quietly continues driving, making me feel like a fool. -He is ignoring me.-

"His name was Michael Patel, two years older than me. He was a strange kid, who loved seeing people suffer. People feared him, because he was a bully. I was one of his favourite victims. He would push me in the hallway, threaten me with a knife, make fun of me with his gang and even physically hurt me. I never understood why, but when I finally knew the reason for his behaviour... It was already too late..." He stops talking and clenches his fingers in the steering wheel. The bones of his fingers are visible.

-A bully, I see...-

He inhales deep in and continues. "He was abused by his father and hated by his mother. I don't know the family story, but the boy was going through a lot. He ended up living with his grandma, who cared for him... They told me everything in the court..."

-Why would someone do such thing? I don't understand? What kind of life are people living in this world?-

I suddenly feel tears running down my cheeks and hastily wipe them before he spots me. -Life is not fair...- "W-What happened?"

Lance suddenly wipes his eyes, but still stares at the road. I just noticed, that he is crying too. -It aches my heart.- "It was all so sudden. He pushed me to my limits... It wasn't my purpose to kill him! FUCK! I didn't want that!"

The car slows down and we park next to an edge. Lance places his head to the steering wheel and curses. I place my hand to his back and gently stroke him. He is trembling and I can hear him sob.

-He never was this open to me... The flirty, strong and sweet man is now crying hopelessly infront of me.- My tears are running down again and I pull Lance into a hug.

After some minutes, he lifts his head up and wipes his tears away. "He threatend me that he would rape a girl infront of my eyes, if I didn't meet up with him...Of course I had to go. I was 15 years old at that time and a coward. I showed up a bit later than we agreed to... It was too late. She was crying and He did it and I lost my self control. I grabbed the knife out and seconds later, I spot him and the huge pool of blood...with several stitches in his body... My parents managed to convince the judge that I'm not guilty. They said, I just defended myself and that I tried to save someone's life, which was not quite true. A murder, is a murder, no matter what excuses you have... Instead of 10 years prison, I was sent for a year and my parents payed the bill. I decided to change my name, because I wanted to start new... " His voice trails off and he curses underneath his breath.

-Damn it... This is not fair at all!-

"W-Why did he do that?..." I stutter.

He just shrugs and stares at me. "I don't know. Maybe it was the only way to have fun in his life? The way to be free?"

"That is sick!" I say and wipe my eyes dry. A small smile appears on his face.

"Stop crying. I don't like it, when a lady cries infront of me." He gently pulls me into a hug, like a big brother would.