Chapter 78: "Don't tell anyone about this, okay?"

-AMANDA-

"We need to talk." My dad says as I walk down the stairs. It's a normal Tuesday morning, but the way he acts makes me nervous. -Talk about what, I wonder?-

I follow him to our living room and spot my mom already sitting. I sit opposite her as she sends me a smile.
"So, what is it?" I unsurely ask.

My dad stares at me for a while then sighs as he takes a sit beside her. "How do I say this?... Since you're almost turning 18-"

-Oh my gawd! No way!- I widen my eyes at him and feel my heartbeat racing. "Y-You don't plan a divorce, right?!"

-It is impossible for them to break up! I mean, they are my OTP! They deserve to be together! The love they have for each other is eternal and I know that!-

My parents glance at me as if I am out of my mind. First my mom and then lastly my dad bursts into laughter, leaving me confused as always. -What a great Tuesday morning!-

"No, honey!" My mom giggles as she gently strokes dad's bulky arm.

"Divorce? Your hot mom?" He raises his eyebrows. "Never." -Phew! Good!-

My mom flushes and kisses him gently. "I will never divorce your daddy either!" She states and they smile at each other.

I sigh in relief. "You made it sound like it." I mumble, making my dad chuckle.

"Sorry, darling. Let me start all over again." He stops smiling and looks back at me. -Scary.... he reminds me of someone though...- "It's time to be honest with you. I'm not who you think I am...I am not a police officer nor a police chief." His grey eyes flash concern out, making me feel uncomfortable.

-What? I'm confused...Wait a minute! Is this one of dad's jokes?-

"Oh, right! This is another joke of yours!" I then laugh.

"What?" He acts confused. -Nice try, dad!-

"Honey, this is serious." My mom upsettingly says. -So they teamed up, huh?-

"Oh come on, mom! Don't tell me you are a doctor, instead of a model designer aswell!" I joke with a smile, but they seem totally off. -What is wrong now?-

"Heathen, just tell her already." My mom says and he sighs.

"I know, I've been keeping this for long to you, but it was for your own good."

"Keep what from me?"

"I'm a Special Agent from the FBI." At first I was about to burst into laughter, but when he looked deep into my eyes I decided not to. He seems dead serious about this and it makes me not so sure anymore, if this is part of a joke.

"FBI? Are you serious?!" I shockingly look at him. I then look over to mom. "Does mom know-?" She weakly smiles at me in response. -She knew, only I didn't!-

He takes a badge out and hands it to me. I take a closer look at it.
-I CAN'T BELIEVE IT!!! HOLY CHIZZLES! THIS IS... IMPOSSIBLE! It looks real and is bedazzled somehow!-

I spot his wallet being handed to me and I open it. His FBI ID is in it...
-WHAT IS GOING ON?!-

My dad continues talking as I unbelievably stare at the evidence before me. "I owe you an apology for not informing you sooner... You were young and I couldn't take that risk. People could've manipulated you easily and you would've fallen for it... We would've been in danger."

"We are still in danger." I correct him and he weakly smiles back.

"Indeed. I didn't want to pull y'all into this...yet, I did... I'm so sorry..." He looks away from me and my mom gently strokes his back.