Chapter 81: "Legends are born in a valley of struggle."

-CHARLES-

I'm in my usual classroom. My classmates seem busy chatting with each other, while I'm alone again and must look like an outsider. I don't intend to keep distance from people, but I don't want them near me either. I think it's just weird talking about my daily routine or gossip about other people. it is just not me.

Speaking of looking like an outsider, I sense Joe, my old bestfriend, and his team mates staring at me.-Weird. What is up with him? Why is he suddenly staring at me?- I lift my hand halway up and simply wave with a smile on my face. He grins and surprises me by suddenly approaching me. It's been a while, since I've last talked to him. Mainly, because of his new friend circle. He's trying to fit in and I respect that. I figured out that we're going to part ways sooner or later anyways.

"You're being an outsider. Where's that spark of yours?" He asks as he takes a sit opposite me.

-Joe has been a close friend of mine, since 9th grade. I have friends, but he's the most thrustworthy one. I've been gone for a year and everything suddenly changed. He didn't even payed me a visit or phoned me, when I arrived New York... It's as if I'm going to the beginning again... all my social work that was supposed to pay of suddenly vanishes... Some still talk to me, like Amanda, yat I feel left out most of the time. Nothing stayed the same.-

I stare into his light eyes that contrast his crimson red hair and then to his childish grin forming on his lips. "What spark? I've always been invisible."

He raises his eyebrows at me. "Yeah, which is why random girls stare at you- Stop fucking around! I know you too well." I cringe at his curse words. -He still has that side...-

"Know me too well, huh? Sure." I simply say.

"You remind me a lot of someone." He then says. "Wait, what was his name again? Roger? Randy? Raiden?..."

"Who?"

Little did I know, he then gasps with a laughter afterwards and then.. He mentions his name. " Raven! Raven Johnson! Man, I haven't talked to that prick for a while." He shakes his head and smiles. "He's pretty chill, I think you would be best buds! Ya know, being outsiders and stuff."

He annoyingly laughs, making me bawl my fists. -I fucking doubt that! No way in hell!-

"So, you know him." I state and try to sound less annoyed.

He nods. "Yeah, I have math class with him." -How fucked up. I disappear for a year and this asshole steals everyone away from me!- "For real now bro! You really have similarities. Both outsiders, full of mystery and girls chase you!" He continues talking with out realising how pissed I am.

-Similarities? Haha, how funny. There's no way he can be compared with... The only thing we have in common is that we hate each other from the beginning.-

I smile at Joe and change the topic. "Pushing that aside, how's life?"

Joe stares at me for a while. -I wonder, am I too obvious?- Thankfully, he doesn't ask any further and grins all widely again. "Thought you'd never ask!"

-He fell for it... great.-

"I met a hot Californian babe in my last game and now she's my girlfriend!-" He continues rambling on how he got a new girlfriend, that he got accepted in her family and that he's doing alright.

-I'm really happy for him....He had a though childhood, since his dad and older brother always fought with each other. His brother is a drug addict and Joe hated it, whenever he got compared with him. He ended up getting depressed and lonely. He decided to live his life and not by the expectations of his family.-