Benvenuto in famiglia

I met Enzo at a coffee shop.

Did you know that he had the most beautiful smile? Or how his voice could send shivers down anyone's spine? He was also a gentleman.

Especially when I accidentally spilled coffee on his clothes.

I didn't really mean it, it was an accident. I hate how cliche everything turned out, I hate how he smiled gently at me when I was almost going to kneel down and apologize. His clothes even look expensive and it made me even more guilty.

Instead of getting mad at me, he asked for my name.

"What's your name?" He asked with the most gentle tone I've ever heard. His voice was smooth as silk, filled with warmth like the sun that could wrap anyone up.

Whoever is his lover is lucky to have this man.

"Lucia." I cleared my throat, cursing myself internally for feeling nervous in front of a very good-looking human being. "Lucia Anderson."

He then gave me the most beautiful smile I've ever seen but it didn't quite reach his eyes. His eyes were beautiful but it hid so many painful emotions.

I see this man as someone who wears a mask to hide the pain that he holds.

I know that this man is gentle, his actions towards me doesn't hold any ulterior motives and all of his kindness seem genuine. Without any explanations at all, I feel very safe when I am with him.

"Well, Lucia..." The way he said my name sends my heart thumping loudly against my chest. "You've just made my day memorable."

I blushed in embarrassment before apologizing again for my stupidity. He just laughed it off and told me that it was alright.

Since then, he'd been coming back to the coffee shop.

In what I thought was just an employee and customer relationship turned into some odd friendship.

This man, Enzo Alessandro Cattaneo, is an enigma.

He seems so open with his life and yet, I feel like he hides something painful. The mask that he holds doesn't crumble. He had already perfected the mask, not allowing anyone to see him for him. Not allowing anyone near him.

I feel like he's so near yet so far away from me.

He seems to have his own bubble, his own world, a world where he cannot escape, a world where I don't belong.

When he talks about his family, that mask crumbles completely, his smiles were more genuine, his tension would suddenly fade and I would find myself enjoying the conversations I have with him.

This part of Enzo was warm, honest and completely letting his emotions run free.

I also enjoy listening to his stories about his family. His family was also an enigma, a puzzle that I could not seem to complete.

His father is a cold man with a good heart. He may not have seen Enzo eye to eye but he truly seem to love his children.

Gabriele's personality was cold and distant. He doesn't mince his words, he doesn't sugarcoat it but Enzo told me that he was the most caring and the most honest son. He hurts the most and he cares the most.

Pierre, he's not blood related to them but he's family. He has an easy going attitude and he cares deeply to those he holds close.

Sydney has a bubbly personality, a friendly one that I would want to wish to have as a friend. He seems open, like what Enzo had said. He's charismatic too.