6

It happened when they were at Achilles' company. They were at a boring meeting. Nothing seemed out of the blue.

It was just a normal day with boring people in a big white boring room.

Sydney was already dozing off. He just didn't understand what they were talking about. He doesn't know which one's worst. His math teacher or the person talking in front of him?

Homework or paperwork?

The hell? What's the difference? They're both mentally tiring.

"Sydney." Enzo whispered beside him, causing the boy to grumble.

"What?" He snapped quietly.

"Pay attention." Enzo answered. "Dad's already glaring at you for dozing off."

Sydney then took a chance to glance at their father and Enzo was right. The old man's glaring at him like his life depended on it.

"Big deal!" He mumbled, crossing his arms. "These meetings are boring. There's nothing new about it. They've been saying the same thing over and over again!"

Enzo rolled his eyes "You talk big for someone who's been dozing off for most of the meeting."

Bull's-eye!

Sydney huffed, suddenly feeling embarrassed. "Like I said, big deal."

Enzo rolled his eyes but didn't scold him any further.

Another hour has passed and they were far from finished. Sydney was already drooling, Gabriele looks like he's about to snap, Enzo looked tired but was trying to be attentive.

The man who's talking in front was hesitant and frightened. He was shaking, literally.

"S-So this is the statistics of o-our company's... "

Suddenly, someone hastily opened the door, causing everyone to jump in surprise. Sydney immediately wiped his drool and stood up.

"T-That's wrong!" Sydney shouted, half asleep. "O-Objection!"

"Daddy!" Luca cried, running towards Achilles who was already standing up alertly.

"What's wrong? Are you alright?" He immediately asked, kneeling down when Luca ran towards him.

Everyone was dumbfounded.

They were confused as hell because a little girl just walked into a meeting with no shame at all.

Achilles immediately took a good look at her, turning her around and about, checking her over for any possible injuries.

"What the hell, Luca?" Gabriele grumbled.

"Language." Enzo scolded, glaring at him briefly before turning to look at their little girl again. His looks softened. "What happened, bambina?"

She sniffled. "I had a bad dream and had an accident."

Sydney sat back down and shake his head with a sigh. "Hurrah, thank you for coming, Lu. I was literally dying from boredom."

Everyone was so scared to speak up because let's face it. This family's scary as hell. Even the kid's scary as hell.

Still, this side of theirs was definitely something that shocked everyone.

Achilles wiped the tears away from his baby girl's cheeks. "I'm sorry, love. We were working."

"I wanna have everyone home." She cried more, hugging Achilles as she begged them to come home. "I want daddy to come home!"

"Grow up, Lu. We're working." Gabriele said but deep inside, he was suffering. He was suffering because of how Luca cried for them to come home early. How she said that she was lonely even though there were people with her.

Enzo then stood up and walked towards her.

"I'm sorry, il mio bambina." He said sweetly. "Were you lonely?"

She nodded.

"Don't leave me anymore." She pleaded. "Don't wanna be alone."

"But work—"

"Gabi!" Sydney hissed before turning to Luca. "We're sorry for scaring you."

"Baby, we were only working. There was nothing to be scared of." Achilles explained. "We were about to go home."

"But I was scared..." Luca whispered, wiping her own tears away. "I was bad too. My bed's dirty now. I-I had an accident."

"Oh, it's okay, darling." Enzo said softly, also kneeling down. "It's okay. Accidents happen."

Her eyes got a little bit of color when she heard that. "They do?"

"Yeah. It's nothing to be ashamed of." Enzo said, leaning forward to kiss her nose.

"But I wet my bed!" She reasoned with a confused look. She thought that she was going to get scolded for being bad.

Before anyone could speak, Gabriele spoke up.

"Big deal. No matter what, it was just an accident. Like our motherly brother just said, accidents happen. It wasn't your fault so don't cry too much 'cause you're not a baby anymore. You're a big girl now. My ears are already hurting from listening to this crap." He pointed at the presentation, then he looked back at her with an annoyed expression. "And I don't need you to add up to the noise, kid. I don't need you to hurt my heart from all your cries, deal?"

The people in the meeting room was so touched at what he said. They took back his nickname (which was Satan jr. Achilles was Satan) and silently called him sugar daddy because apparently a caring Gabriele was a hot one.

Sydney faked sniffled. "Wow. I didn't know that Gabriele's taken the role of big brother so seriously. Really. It's touching. I'm already in tears."

The older man was about to curse at him but he bit his tongue.

Achilles shake his head with a smile on his face. "See? It's okay."

"Did you come all the way her just to tell us that?" Sydney had a feeling that Luca came all the way here because of something else.

Luca shook her head. "Mr. Pierre made poison for lunch too." She bluntly blurted.

Mr. Pierre was supposed to be her bodyguard.

Her family was now confused.

"Poison?" Gabriele raised a brow, not trying to be panicked. Everyone got tensed when they heard that. Gabriele's panicking on the inside. "How so?"

Luca hummed. "Well, it's 'cause of my bananas. It's a super brown banana and was mixed with lots and lots of grey water too!"

Achilles smiled dangerously. "And what kind of food was it?"

Enzo sighed and prayed for Pierre in advance. Sydney was amused while Gabriele shook his head, mumbling stupid from under his breath.

"It's a food that was made to send me to the hospital?" She answered in a questioning matter. "Poison food."

Yes, she's unknowingly putting her bodyguard closer to death.

That's just how life works sometimes.

We live.

We die.

And Achilles was going to put him in death's door.

Luca immediately tensed, alerting everyone. She turned to look at the people and embarrassengly smiled. "Um... Hi. I'm Luca! Nice to meet you. Sorry for disturbing."

She's adorable.

__________

Hey, sorry for the delay!

School's been hectic!

But I hope you guys enjoyed this!

Let me know what you guys think about it!