12

Matteo invited her this time to go play at the park.

Luca was still skeptical about it because Matteo's a big meanie to her.

Pierre was her guardian for now. Her brothers were caught up in work and despite their cries, Achilles didn't let them leave the office.

Luca skipped as she saw the familiar playground.

And she also saw the familiar boy who's also standing beside a man whose uniform was also just like Pierre's.

Must be his bodyguard.

"Oh, it's Tafita!" Pierre said with a grin when he saw the familiar man. He looked down at Luca and smiled softly at her. "Why don't you go play with the young master, m'lady?"

Luca beamed at her permission and went towards Matteo who was still unaware of her presence.

The little girl giggled and hugged Matteo, giving him quite a scare.

"Surprise!"

The boy glared at her. "Luca! That's not funny!"

Luca giggled more as she slipped her tiny fingers to intertwine with his. "Were you scared?"

Matteo glared at her but the two bodyguards saw how his tiny fingers held her hand tightly. It made Pierre sigh at the cute scene in front of him.

"No!" He scoffed, trying to hide his blush. "I wasn't. Why would I be scared?"

Luca face him an impassive look. "Dummy, you're a liar."

Matteo's face got redder and he was speechless for a second before answering her. "I-I wasn't! You're the dummy!"

Luca's eyes glinted with mirth when she heard the familiar insult. It was so like Matteo to repeat her insult.

She tugged his hand. "C'mon, Matty! Le's play?"

Luca paused, a frown was then plastered on her face. She looked at Pierre and the man Pierre called as Tafita.

"Can me and Matty play?"

The two men laughed and Matteo rolled his eyes.

"Of course we can, what's the use of going to the playground if we aren't going to play."

Luca blew him a raspberry. "You aren't the adult here, Matty. Shh! I'm asking the adults."

Matteo's eyes widened at that and he grumbled defeatedly.

Pierre laughed at that before nodding. "Of course, my lady. It wouldn't be fun to stay here, right?"

Luca nodded before looking at Tafita.

The man chuckled and nodded.

With that, she looked at the sulking Matteo and patted his head softly. "There, there. S' okay."

Matteo gently swatted her hand away with a little grumble. "Don't treat me like a kid!"

Luca blinked at him owlishly. "But we are kids... "

Now it was Matteo's turn to blink.

Pierre had to stop himself from laughing too loud because he might get his head chopped off if he unintentionally offend the little boy.

"Whatever!" Matteo pulled her away from the two adults and went to the swings

Luca pouted at him. "Don't be mean!"

"You were the one being mean!" Despite his cold answer, he let Luca take a sit at the unoccupied swing first before going to the next swing beside her.