17

"I'm really sorry, Achilles." Lucian apologizes again with a frown. "I don't know who else to turn to."

Achilles nodded. "I understand." But then his eyes glimmered dangerously, a small smile was plastered on his lips. "But this isn't for free."

Lucian clenched his fist and nodded solemnly.

"I understand."

_____

"What...?"

"I said that I'm going to stay here for a few days, Lu." Matteo huffed, scratching the back of his neck.

Luca blinked at him in confusion. She tilted her head to the side. "Bu' why?"

Matteo smiled and ruffled her hair. "Your dad and mine just have something to...uh... Do, Luca."

Something told Luca that it was something much worse than what Matteo's trying to lighten up.

But she discarded it and smiled. "It's a sleepover then?"

Matteo laughed and nodded. "Yeah."

Then both of them were interrupted when they heard Gabriele's shouts from around the corner.

"It's your fault, Sydney." Gabriele growled at the said man with fury. "If you haven't fired those maids then this would've been easier, won't it?"

"They're not babysitters, Gabriele." Sydney rolled his eyes. "Why must they stay here anyways? They have maids at home."

"They can't risk it." Enzo sighed. "This situation's out of hand for the Colombos. If they stay there for any longer then Matteo or Ali's going to get killed or kidnapped."

"Who's Ali?" Luca couldn't help but ask Matteo.

Matteo glanced at her before shrugging. "Ali's my six month's old sister." Matteo then showed her the number, using his fingers.

"You have a sister?" Luca's eyes widened in surprise and the boy nodded with an amused grin.

"God, father pushed us to finish our paperwork and now this?" The second eldest complained with a groan.

There was a mole in one of Lucian's men. They planned on killing the Colombos for revenge and getting some confidential informations about the business. The pressure of having to help them and trying to secure their own safeties were taking a toll on everyone and it was just putting them all in a bad mood.

"Fuck, you and your mouth, Gabriele!" Sydney laughed sarcastically. "You just keep on complaining, huh? Can you just shut the fuck up for a sec?"

"Language!" Enzo growled at the both of them. "And enough! Both of you! You'll wake up, Ali."

"She's such a sweetheart, huh? Such an adorable little tyke." Sydney said in an overly sweet tone that made everybody sick.

Dark Sydney's slowly slipping out of Sydney's control.

"No wonder it turned on your mom switch. Such a goody two shoes as always, Enzo."

Mom switch?

Wasn't that supposed to be for Luca only?

"I said enough, Sydney." Enzo ordered with an intense glare.

Luca then decided on something.

"I wanna meet your sister!" Luca said in determination. Before Matteo could even answer her though, she was already running towards her brothers with an excited look on her face.

"Enzo!"

Luca didn't hear her brothers' shouts of dismay and just tackled Enzo, hugging his leg with a giggle.

"Enzo! Enzo! Enzo!" She said enthusiastically, practically jumping up and down. "I wanna meet Ali too! I wanna meet her!"

Her eyes widened though when she was pulled away from Enzo. Actually, what surprised her was the anger in Enzo's eyes when she looked up at him.

Luca didn't expect him to get so mad.

"Luca!" Came Gabriele's voice. She looked at him and he was also fuming. He was as glaring at her with so much anger that it made her feel frightened at the sight.

They never look at her like that.

And then, everything just turned chaotic.

The baby's cries made them even more annoyed than ever. They still have work to do after they get Ali to sleep and now Luca just made her cry again! Now they're behind schedule.

The little girl looked back at Enzo and he was bouncing the fussy baby in his arms, giving her a look of disappointment.

That made Luca feel bad.

"What the hell's wrong with you?" Gabriele hissed, kneeling down in front of her, grabbing both her shoulders. "What if the baby fell out of Enzo's hands, huh? And you woken up the baby! Now we're going to deal with a fussy baby again!"

Sydney crossed his arms. "Why did you do that?"

Her eyes were already brimming with tears and she hung her head low. "I-I jus' wanted to meet the baby... "

"Well, I don't think that you're allowed to get near her now, huh? Look at what you did." Sydney calmly said but his tone was filled with nothing but disbelief and disappointment that it made Luca feel more ashamed of her actions. "You could've hurt her."

Luca shook her head furiously. "I won't! I promise I won't!"

"Don't shout, Luca!" Enzo warned, also glaring at her.

"I-I'm sorry... " Luca whimpered, trying to keep her tears from falling.

"Go to your room, Luca." Enzo ordered softly but it still made her feel bad.

This was the first time that they got so angry with her.

Where was her brothers?

She's scared.

"B-But I wanna... "

"Show Matteo your room, Luca." Sydney said, ignoring her unfinished request. "Go. Now."

Luca flinched at his tone. The look on his face was something that she shouldn't joke around with. He was serious. Serious and mad.

It made her feel more guilty and scared.

Luca still nodded and walked off.

She saw Matteo looking at her sadly and it made her feel more guilty now.

"Sorry, Matty... " She whispered.

"You shouldn't say sorry." Matty said. "They're just being mean. They'll come around."

Luca nodded, still thinking that she did something terrible.

________

Who said that after Chapter sixteen's happy, fluffy moment, the next one's going to be one as well?

(Well... No one actually said that...(´⊙_⊙') )

But uh... Surprise?? I don't know which one should be the surprise though. Their sudden harshness towards Luca or the fact that I have you guys two chapters in one day?

IDK...

I didn't get to recheck this so there's a lot of mistakes!

I hope you guys enjoyed it though.

Tell me what you guys think!